Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a tough thing. He is surely responsible for some pretty amazing directions... the list is long, but megacasting and various other measures to streamline production...some great decisions on perusing M3 and My....focussing on performance as a way to win over people who weren’t driven entirely by green concerns.... Ignoring Twitter Elon and looking at Engineer Elon, he is doing/has done huge, huge important things.
Now, clearly he pegged the other end of the smart-move scale with his quirky edicts about... I dunno, no radar-yes-radar, yokes, screens/info only in center for 3 and Y.
But I think he’s important to the company’s future and it needs Good Elon, even though Bad Elon will also make some whopping big mistakes.
But someone needs to be focussed in getting innovative new products out the door. I know getting 4680’s that hard last 10 yards across the goal line isn’t a sexy, shiny object, nor probably is getting the CT out... well it is LITERALLY a shiny object...
But now the company is getting fairly mature and needs some boring tedious, more buttoned-down Harvard Business School decision-making like pushing out a model 2 etc.
Wish he’d settled down but that seems impossible at this point.

for the global market the Model 2 would be much more valuable than chasing a CyberTruck which most likely will be north of $100k in the long range, tri-motor config. and competing with the F150 Lightning / Rivian / Silverado EV / Sierra EV ... (which indicates plenty of competition in the EV full-size truck market which is NA limited). And this time Tesla doesn't have the first mover advantage.

Reactions: cdub and advocate8
Yes ... but if Tesla wants to block it, they can.
Not really. They'll have to pay lawyers to show up at all of these cases, but winning them isn't guaranteed. But it does make it where the plaintiff won't just win by default. However, it would have been a lot simpler for them to simply shut up about the FSD hardware being there. If they never made the promise in the first place, the false advertising case would be tossed on the grounds that nothing of the sort was ever advertised.

Reactions: B@ndit
It would be more logical to dispose of his Twitter account, as this would deprive Elon/Twitter of future advertising revenue. Selling his Tesla doesn’t touch Elon in any way.
Probably neither does much. But I just want to point out that if someone has the opinion that selling a Tesla doesn't do much to harm Elon/Tesla, they need to also hold the same position that shorting TSLA doesn't harm Elon/Tesla. Both of those are capital in the secondary market that may have an indirect effect on the company, but only marginally so.

But that is not the intent. It is more of a "protest" / condemnation.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Never existed. He was just better at hiding his real self

I’ve seen a lot of misinformed opinions about Elon in my life but this one is right up there. I suggest you read a few good books about Elon and watch some in-depth interviews. Then you would find out he’s a great engineer and knows more about the technical characteristics of his products than most CEO’s. He’s very much hands on and works together with his engineers to make technical advances and solve technical problems.

I’ve seen a lot of misinformed opinions about Elon in my life but this one is right up there. I suggest you read a few good books about Elon and watch some in-depth interviews. Then you would find out he’s a great engineer and knows more about the technical charateristics of his products than most CEO’s. He’s very much hands on and works together with his engineers to make technical advances and solve technical problems.
Sure, believe that all you want. He got lucky with few businesses and took credit for other people's work. This twitter fiasco is showing what his true skills are.

for the global market the Model 2 would be much more valuable than chasing a CyberTruck which most likely will be north of $100k in the long range, tri-motor config. and competing with the F150 Lightning / Rivian / Silverado EV / Sierra EV ... (which indicates plenty of competition in the EV full-size truck market which is NA limited). And this time Tesla doesn't have the first mover advantage.

I’m not sure Tesla could have introduced any new vehicle in mass volume earlier than they are now. They have been ramping battery supply as quickly as possible and only now are emerging into a period of excess supply.

Introducing a Model 2 would only eat away at demand for higher margin Model 3s, while the Cybertruck is in an entirely new segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.