Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Tweeter rant].... TSLA is about to fall below $500B market capitalization. Not only was it a huge pile of wasted/burned TSLA money....
Well that happened quick.:mad:

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 12.50.10 PM.png

Reactions: 2101Guy
Agreed....and I do think Elon is a fantastic CEO. The Steve Jobs to Tim Cook transition went well to say the least. Of course Apple's products have stagnated. Perhaps with Elon alive, unlike Jobs, innovation would continue with Tesla.
he also keeps making calls and promises which then later turn out to be too ambitious / not achievable..

take FSD for example - it's still in Beta and regulatory wise a L2 system. not even hands-free (...) Yet Elon proudly proclaimed ~ a year ago that radar not needed and it's vision only! Now we learn that Tesla is filing paperwork to bring back a 4D radar unit for 2023+ production. Add this on top of HW upgrades needed for current FSD Beta and then realize that maybe radar is needed for the next stage of FSD and it's one big mess....

People make fun of Mercedes but they launched their L3 (...) system which only works under set circumstances when it was *ready*. Same could be said about Super Cruise at GM. Surely... less exciting promises but they delivered.

Reactions: B@ndit and T3SLAROD
he also keeps making calls and promises which then later turn out to be too ambitious / not achievable..

take FSD for example - it's still in Beta and regulatory wise a L2 system. not even hands-free (...) Yet Elon proudly proclaimed ~ a year ago that radar not needed and it's vision only! Now we learn that Tesla is filing paperwork to bring back a 4D radar unit for 2023+ production. Add this on top of HW upgrades needed for current FSD Beta and then realize that maybe radar is needed for the next stage of FSD and it's one big mess....
His stupid statements that all Teslas had all of the hardware that was needed for FSD starting in 2016 are literally costing the company money: Tesla ordered to upgrade self-driving computer for free due to 'false advertising'

As I said, the guy is quickly becoming a huge liability because he can't keep his mouth shut and the board needs to remove him. If they think he has something to contribute to the technology aspect of Tesla then they should make him CTO and order him to keep his mouth shut about future features until those features become public knowledge.

Speaking of FSD

I’m hoping Tesla the company soon parts ways with Musk, especially before the CT hits final production.

We should be reading about a Tesla wagon or coupe for the masses instead of Tesla MAGA smh

Have you even seen the TSLA action lately ?
Yeah, I think a lot less people holding TSLA would care if stock was above $300 (recent peaks before Twitter purchase went through). Now it's almost half that. While for GM they can still hit close to the previous peaks in the $40s.

I just checked the 6 month for the automakers that make major EVs:

Tesla -26.2%
GM +19.8%
Ford +13.7%
VW -3.7%
Hyundai -0.8%

If in the next 6 months TSLA returns to over $300 maybe people will believe Twitter had no impact.

Last edited:
Setting aside all of these Twitter shenanagins I actually do think Tesla would be better off with a different CEO.
Unfortunately - that sounds right. He can continue as chief product officer and let someone else be CEO. But I'm not sure that would ever work because of Musk's character - can he ever be hands off ?

Over at the "options thread" - lot of people hurting badly. People capitulating to repair their accounts. I don't see an end to this mess. This is what I wrote there ...

We had a similar situation in 2018 after taking private tweet and SEC lawsuit.​
That was easy to fix .... Elon settled with SEC.​
Wheres the fix now ?​

Reactions: cdub
Unfortunately - that sounds right. He can continue as chief product officer and let someone else be CEO. But I'm not sure that would ever work because of Musk's character - can he ever be hands off ?

Over at the "options thread" - lot of people hurting badly. People capitulating to repair their accounts. I don't see an end to this mess. This is what I wrote there ...

We had a similar situation in 2018 after taking private tweet and SEC lawsuit.​
That was easy to fix .... Elon settled with SEC.​
Wheres the fix now ?​

I think the problem with investing has always been the markets can be irrational longer than one can remain solvent. Tesla maybe a good buy now at these levels (I don't know), but similar to the financial crash of 2008 or the .com tech crash, markets can over stretch longer/deeper on the up or down side.

At least we should have more visibility at least on Twitter's health in a year or 2.

I think the problem with investing has always been the markets can be irrational longer than one can remain solvent. Tesla maybe a good buy now at these levels (I don't know), but similar to the financial crash of 2008 or the .com tech crash, markets can over stretch longer/deeper on the up or down side.

At least we should have more visibility at least on Twitter's health in a year or 2.
Which is why simply buying shares with cash you don't need is the way to go in most circumstances.

His stupid statements that all Teslas had all of the hardware that was needed for FSD starting in 2016 are literally costing the company money: Tesla ordered to upgrade self-driving computer for free due to 'false advertising'

As I said, the guy is quickly becoming a huge liability because he can't keep his mouth shut and the board needs to remove him. If they think he has something to contribute to the technology aspect of Tesla then they should make him CTO and order him to keep his mouth shut about future features until those features become public knowledge.
This is a tough thing. He is surely responsible for some pretty amazing directions... the list is long, but megacasting and various other measures to streamline production...some great decisions on pursing M3 and MY....focussing on performance as a way to win over people who weren’t driven entirely by green concerns.... Ignoring Twitter Elon and looking at Engineer Elon, he is doing/has done huge, huge important things.
Now, clearly he pegged the other end of the smart-move scale with his quirky edicts about... I dunno, no radar-yes-radar, yokes, screens/info only in center for 3 and Y.
But I think he’s important to the company’s future and it needs Good Elon, even though Bad Elon will also make some whopping big mistakes.
But someone needs to be focussed in getting innovative new products out the door. I know getting 4680’s that hard last 10 yards across the goal line isn’t a sexy, shiny object, nor probably is getting the CT out... well it is LITERALLY a shiny object...
But now the company is getting fairly mature and needs some boring tedious, more buttoned-down Harvard Business School decision-making like pushing out a model 2 etc.
Wish he’d settled down but that seems impossible at this point.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think a lot less people holding TSLA would care if stock was above $300 (recent peaks before Twitter purchase went through). Now it's almost half that. While for GM they can still hit close to the previous peaks in the $40s.

I just checked the 6 month for the automakers that make major EVs:

Tesla -26.2%
GM +19.8%
Ford +13.7%
VW -3.7%
Hyundai -0.8%

If in the next 6 months TSLA returns to over $300 maybe people will believe Twitter had no impact.
It’s not just Elon and Twitter, and may not be much of that. For now, anyway.
Tesla has some obvious down signals on Chinese demand, for starters. Throttling back on Shanghai production isn’t something that boosts SP.
And US demand is showing a tad of short-term weakness, which, though its prob related mainly to timing of Jan. 1-onward tax break, is spooking folks a little.
The Twitter problem feels like more a long-term issue with how the brand is viewed. Takes awhile for word to spread among the general population that’s not 24/7 tuned into TSLA/Twitter/Elon. Like bankruptcy, brand erosion can also happen slowly, then all at once

Reactions: Cherry Wine
Status
Not open for further replies.