Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly unbelievable. In case you haven't seen how people's opinions can be easily swayed, just take a look at history.
I’m aware, and I do not “support the current thing” nor that it’s certain to bankrupt our children’s and their children’s futures. We are witnessing the Titanic sinking and the lifeboats being loaded up with silverware and fine china. We are just supposed to be okay with that?

Worry about those who poison us here at home, not those who hiss at us from half way across the world.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
He's boosting views is what he is doing. A post that is obviously Russian propaganda. Pretty simple to understand - you don't engage with the Russian government on Twitter (with unclear intentions) particularly when you have millions of followers.... unless that's exactly what you want to do.

I totally agree.... and going beyond the common sense of not promoting Russian propaganda - WHY is this how Elon is investing his ultra-valuable time when he openly admits he doesn't have enough to cover all his duties including those at publicly traded TSLA?

I’m aware, and I do not “support the current thing” nor that it’s certain to bankrupt our children’s and their children’s futures. We are witnessing the Titanic sinking and the lifeboats being loaded up with silverware and fine china. We are just supposed to be okay with that?

Worry about those who poison us here at home, not those who hiss at us from half way across the world.
What??

Seriously? Elon is mocking a tweet by Medvedev - who has become the Russian personification of The Onion with his ever more absurd statements - and he is being roasted for it here, because it would be amplifying propaganda… As if any sane person outside of Russia would fall for that garbage. It’s fine to be critical of Elon’s tweets, but this is looking for things that just aren’t there. This thread is so lacking in humor that it’s sad.

It’s fine to be critical of Elon’s tweets, but this is looking for things that just aren’t there.
Elon continuing to prove he's terrible at communicating his ideas if they are so easily misinterpreted.
This thread is so lacking in humor that it’s sad.
Nothing funny about what's happening with Elon, in fact it's quite sad.

You must be the absolute UBER Bull. Since when?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Seriously? Elon is mocking a tweet by Medvedev - who has become the Russian personification of The Onion with his ever more absurd statements - and he is being roasted for it here, because it would be amplifying propaganda… As if any sane person outside of Russia would fall for that garbage. It’s fine to be critical of Elon’s tweets, but this is looking for things that just aren’t there. This thread is so lacking in humor that it’s sad.
So, about Elon's previous pro-Putin propaganda tweets saying Ukraine should capitulate to Russia, were those for real or were those trolling too? If that first batch of pro-Putin propaganda was for real then it was reasonable to think this was for real too. That first batch of propaganda was much worse then this trifle. It caused the Ukrainian government to tell him to F-off.

Also note, that despite his words to the contrary, Elon's actions here amplified speech that should not have been amplified. He helped Putin with this little escapade. For future reference, is there some sort of cheat sheet that will let us know when Elon's pro-Putin propaganda is for real and when it's trolling? Perhaps it would be safer to just ignore everything Elon says, or everything he says about Ukraine and Russia.

Given the context of his previous pro-Putin propaganda, this "I was only joking" BS is lame and is no substitute for an apology. These childish antics are not winning hearts and minds. They are not helping Elon, Twitter, or Tesla. This is not a political primary race. Rallying the faithful at the expense of turning off people on the fence and reinforcing to many that you really are monster is not a good strategy.

It is definitely amazing in the auto industry .... may be average for the tech industry.
No, it's amazing even for the tech industry. What's mind-boggling to anybody who understands how these things work is that they're updating a variety of components, spread out throughout the vehicle. And it's being done in a situation involving unpredictable realtime events including the availability of power and connectivity to each component that needs updating. If anything goes wrong part way through, it needs to back out everything on all components. And it must always be in a working condition no matter what happens.

This is crazy difficult. I'd say pretty much impossible without regular reports of updates bricking vehicles, if I hadn't been watching it happen for years with my own eyes. It's astounding!

I'm not aware of anybody else who comes even close. It is no surprise at all that other vehicle manufacturers have been very slow to follow Tesla with this feature.

Nothing to do with Elon & Twitter, of course, but I'm quite sure that if Tesla hadn't had a crazy risk-taker leading it, this software update never would have happened.

So, about Elon's previous pro-Putin propaganda tweets saying Ukraine should capitulate to Russia, were those for real or were those trolling too? If that first batch of pro-Putin propaganda was for real then it was reasonable to think this was for real too. That first batch of propaganda was much worse then this trifle. It caused the Ukrainian government to tell him to F-off.

Also note, that despite his words to the contrary, Elon's actions here amplified speech that should not have been amplified. He helped Putin with this little escapade. For future reference, is there some sort of cheat sheet that will let us know when Elon's pro-Putin propaganda is for real and when it's trolling? Perhaps it would be safer to just ignore everything Elon says, or everything he says about Ukraine and Russia.

Given the context of his previous pro-Putin propaganda, this "I was only joking" BS is lame and is no substitute for an apology. These childish antics are not winning hearts and minds. They are not helping Elon, Twitter, or Tesla. This is not a political primary race. Rallying the faithful at the expense of turning off people on the fence and reinforcing to many that you really are monster is not a good strategy.

If you think I’m going to get involved in a discussion about this subject you have not understood what I said and only proven my point.

Epic Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.