Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now…. Replying positively to a Russian government official. Elon said “Epic Thread!!”

Mind you.. just a few highlights: US civil war, and Ukraine is referred to as the “Former Ukraine”.

Oh my goodness! Not a good look. It doesn't matter how good the tech is if the platform is being used to legitimize this kind of pro-Putin propaganda. The response from Fiona Hill after Musk's first round of pro-Putin comments is priceless.

Putin plays the egos of big men, gives them a sense that they can play a role. But in reality, they’re just direct transmitters of messages from Vladimir Putin.
I highly recommend the interview she did recently with Lex Fridman.

I don't see how anyone with half a brain can compare what SpaceX and Tesla (many years ago) is doing with Twitter. Maybe someone at Twitter can share how many great resumes and hires they are getting when they just laidoff more folks just last week.

Twitter is not SpaceX nor Tesla. Tesla is having layoffs soon I read.
Tesla culls the bottom 10% or so of least productive employees pretty frequently. They did it this summer as well, but overall headcount continued to grow.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Right. The software industry has come a long way from the early wild-west days of Paypal. There are well established methods now to test and rollout changes so as not to break things (widely).

Seriously .... I've to wonder, how much Elon is stuck in the software world of years ago. Sometimes just using software 101 or Eco 101 (as he told Gerber) is not good enough in 2022.

And yet until Elon bought Twitter, they didn't have a Dev environment. That can't be blamed on him, unless he decides not to change that

Actually, people who pay attention know that it's now "Accelerating the World's Transition to Sustainable Energy". Says so, right at the top of this web page: About | Tesla

I think you taking a trivial fact and getting it wrong, with CONFIDENCE, says everything we need to know about your posts.

As you said, most [Tesla] investors know Tesla's mission statement. You, however, seem to be living in the past with something that used to be Tesla's mission statement. And then telling other people they're wrong.
Excuse me for paraphrasing something, by posting from memory. I'll stop replying from my phone while on a tropical beach sipping adult drinks, so I can run up to the room and make sure I get the quote perfect. I'm sure the typos are bugging you too

Anything else?

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone with half a brain can compare what SpaceX and Tesla (many years ago) is doing with Twitter. Maybe someone at Twitter can share how many great resumes and hires they are getting when they just laidoff more folks just last week.

Twitter is not SpaceX nor Tesla. Tesla is having layoffs soon I read.

I agree - it's sad to see the amazing work changing the world of electric cars, charging, solar, grid-storage, re-usable boosters, single-state-to-orbit somehow being equated to sad pathetic and quickly reversed attempts at selling blue checkmarks and re-activating accounts of proven liars.

There is a fine line between brilliance and lunacy - Elon dances across it regularly. I miss his time on the good side of that line.

Excuse me for paraphrasing something, by posting from memory. I'll stop replying from my phone while on a tropical beach sipping adult drinks, so I can run up to the room and make sure I get the quote perfect. I'm sure the typos are bugging you too

Anything else?
No, nothing else. If you stop constantly posting falsehoods I won't complain about them. Of course, I hardly ever see them so you'll mostly have to self-police.

Elon? What happened?
0D08337D-C4DE-4A60-BC82-6B12F15EC322.jpeg

... - The defrost controls used to be on the bottom of the main screen. Then they moved them into the HVAC menu. If, after that update, you didn't realize what they did, and the windows start fogging, what happens?
As an aside, it is pretty easy to move/fix the defroster controls/apps back to the bottom of the screen when needed (e.g., winter time), then move them back out of the way when not needed.

Elon cannot relate to his daughter’s gender nonconformity and this has caused a lot of pain for both of them. Unable to understand her perspective, he blames “the libs” for corrupting her with the “woke mind virus” and lashes out against “pronouns” which he views as an enabling mechanism.

Society judges him harshly, even hatefully, not for his beliefs or perceived shortcomings, but for the fact that he lashes out at society, exploiting the obscene excess of power his voice carries to bully a marginalized segment of society.
We can't actually speak about this in the "big" thread, but I find it telling that Elon has became (to one of his children) the estranged father he once had, and the bully he once feared. I also think things with Grimes didn't end well and her "left-leaning views" did play a role.
Not a shrink and don't want to act like one, but we've seen Elon change in the last years: too much winning, too much power, too much fame. Too many yesmen and sycophants and attention-seekers. He had flaws before, now they are really up there for the world to see. Apparently he doesn't care.
People that don't read twitter still think he's the timid guy "with a good heart".

Well, that's why Elon is who he is, and has built multiple successful companies and the rest of us are in the peanut gallery commenting on crap we really don't know the inner details about.
Can we at least agree that applying this method to things (ie engineering) and to people (ie social media management) is very very different? You can stress things until they work, iterating a million times. Things are inanimate and they have no memory.
People, on the other hand, do. They see you treat them like guinea pigs and get offended/confused/mad.
I totally believe Elon thinks this method applies to everything, but it doesn't. You can't A/B test educating a child, for example.

If I make a mistake with a person that change things between us. At least I have to apologise, not all mistakes are irreversible of course. But some might be.

And now…. Replying positively to a Russian government official. Elon said “Epic Thread!!”

Mind you.. just a few highlights: US civil war, and Ukraine is referred to as the “Former Ukraine”.

FWIW, he also laughed at a subsequent tweet

The point is you never know when he's trolling or not. I still don't know.

EDIT: now I know for sure:

@SouthFLGuy

please stop distributing filtered content, aka fake news.

I will report this, since You left out what Musk really was about-
he countered SHARPLY Medvedev, showing the opposite behaviour what You want to imply, basically telling the Russian to f***off

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-27 um 14.17.08.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.