Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people think they themselves are centrists, no matter how insane/extreme their beliefs are. Especially people as "good" at self-reflection as current-day Elon. This also partially explains why so many still think the 2020 election was stolen: "I am a centrist, and most voters are centrists. But the election did not go my way so it was clearly stolen!".
People who are self-aware and can evaluate themselves and compare versus others are able to accurately describe themselves.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Meanwhile…

Twitter down: Elon Musk’s site breaks in Australia and New Zealand, users complain

Twitter has stopped working properly in Australia and New Zealand, its users have complained.

The site is taking minutes to load such that it is almost impossible to use, according to those that have struggled through the problems to post on the site.

The problems appeared to be relatively specific, rather than a complete outage. Users could see the parts of the site that usually surrounds the feed, for instance – but that feed itself does not load.

The Australian version of outage tracking website Down Detector showed a considerable number of reports of problems over the last 15 hours.

This is like a child playing with fire.
Elon must need money badly if he is willing to allow political ads on twitter which makes the platform even more toxic to other advertisers...
your ad could be shown right next to a (moderator edit: crazy conspiracy theory) political ad... enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Elon must need money badly if he is willing to allow political ads on twitter which makes the platform even more toxic to other advertisers...
your ad could be shown right next to MTG political ad... enjoy!
Can’t even guess at some of the bizarre single-issue stuff that will result. Meanwhile, dying to know the full story behind the landlord he stiffed on Twitter HQ rent letting him drop four of six floors from the lease. Landlord apparently under huge financial pressure, but it’s got to be complicated.
Love the folks defending Elon right and left as principled to the point of undermining his own interests to do what’s right.
When a super wealthy guy doesn’t pay his rent and contractors it’s hard to think of him as a moral compass.

When a super wealthy guy doesn’t pay his rent and contractors it’s hard to think of him as a moral compass.
Why would you ever consider anybody but yourself as a moral compass personally?

I don’t see EM as a deity or as an example of a cleric/role model. He’s doing things I like by challenging a despotic group of individuals who belong under the jail and his company happens to build cars I enjoy.

Can’t even guess at some of the bizarre single-issue stuff that will result. Meanwhile, dying to know the full story behind the landlord he stiffed on Twitter HQ rent letting him drop four of six floors from the lease. Landlord apparently under huge financial pressure, but it’s got to be complicated.
Love the folks defending Elon right and left as principled to the point of undermining his own interests to do what’s right.

The landlord is just doing what's in their best interest I think. If the business real estate market was hot and there was 0 office vacancies, they may have evicted, but since it's very unlikely they can even fill the space with existing rents, WFH policies, slower economy, it's better to get some $$ rather than 0 I'm guessing.

They can try to sue and force the contract which they are doing now, but from articles I've read, they don't want to upset Musk in case they close more buildings, etc.

I think all this will eventually lead to some event like bankruptcy to just renegotiate all the over payment originally. Why Musk probably won't take that ~$15 billion was it? some person/company offered for Twitter?

Musk probably has lots of accountants planning all this now. Looking back, Musk selling Tesla stock has been timed pretty well so I don't think it's a stretch that when he sells, he knows something that most folks don't. Sorta impossible for the CEO to know less (like his poll in 2021 to sell Tesla stock at all time highs to pay taxes).

Last edited:
Reactions: advocate8
Why would you ever consider anybody but yourself as a moral compass personally?

I don’t see EM as a deity or as an example of a cleric/role model. He’s doing things I like by challenging a despotic group of individuals who belong under the jail and his company happens to build cars I enjoy.
I don’t need another moral compass. Some on the other forum clearly consider him such.
Who should be in jail? Fauci is the only one I can recall Elon mentioning on twitter and of course that’s ridiculous...

Your definition of "challenging" must be "reinstating their accounts". I don't think most people share that definition.

your ad could be shown right next to a (moderator edit: crazy conspiracy theory) political ad... enjoy!

Facebook is _way_ worse than twitter in that respect... I have to use a FB specifc browser extension ("Fluff Busting Purity") to mostly keep it usable.

It's sad/weird to see Twitter bringing in political ads while driving away secular business advertising - The stated goal was to get Twitter AWAY from polarizing politics and make it a wonderful centrist town square.

If I was looking for Centrism and mainstream, I'd be welcoming Disney and Nike to the party and keeping Breitbart and Soros out. Elon is doing the reverse.

It's sad/weird to see Twitter bringing in political ads while driving away secular business advertising - The stated goal was to get Twitter AWAY from polarizing politics and make it a wonderful centrist town square.

If I was looking for Centrism and mainstream, I'd be welcoming Disney and Nike to the party and keeping Breitbart and Soros out. Elon is doing the reverse.
Those are good points, though I might not equate felons, liars and propagandists at Breitbart with the guy who has funded pro-democracy efforts around the world for like, three decades. Even if he is a committed liberal.

Those are good points, though I might not equate felons, liars and propagandists at Breitbart with the guy who has funded pro-democracy efforts around the world for like, three decades. Even if he is a committed liberal.

I was trying to pick examples from both sides as best I could, albeit I agree there isn't much of a direct counterpart to Breitbart

Status
Not open for further replies.