Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it 🙄, but, this is the "Elon and Twitter" thread.

I think there are other threads more appropriate for bashing/defending Tesla. 😏 Threads where Twitter discussions are often directed to this thread. 🤷‍♂️
All true. It would’ve been helpful if you had pointed this out when it came off the rails when one of the “defenders” disagreed with a valid piece of criticism within a Twitter-focused post that was accurately pointing out Twitter will dilute Elon’s time and energy to focus on Tesla’s well-known and long-standing issues.
At this point, a call to return the focus to Twitter comes across as a way to undermine those original valid criticisms of things Elon could fix quicker if he wasn’t focused on Twitter.
I’m sure that’s not your intent.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: 2daMoon
I said the same way back when Google bought Youtube for 1.6billion. Seemed like you could do a lot to attract users for that much money. In fairness to me I was just out of HS, but I was wrong.
On the other hand Elon has 100million Twitter followers. A good portion of those would likely join a new site he created, as well as who knows how many others out of curiosity.

Reactions: advocate8
On the other hand Elon has 100million Twitter followers. A good portion of those would likely join a new site he created, as well as who knows how many others out of curiosity.
And many wouldn’t (especially politicians). This is all about getting the users which includes many heads of state, politicians, business leaders and a chunk of society and media. That’s the value Twitter provides. If Twitter didn’t have any users, he wouldn’t be buying it.

He seems especially concerned about escalation of the Ukraine / Russia war and stresses concern about WW3. This appears to be his largest fear at the moment. Money and other things mean nothing in WW3 so right now, shareholders are going to take the back seat to this situation. He seem to think that Putin would be VERY willing to use nukes.

I’m not saying he’s right or wrong. It’s just what I gather from what he has stated. Hence is also possibly why he’s willing to close the deal on Twitter now. Maybe he genuinely is concerned that time is of the essence because he seems to think Twitter (if fixed), can help de-escalate situations.

Wether people believe this or not, it doesn’t matter. But it does appear to be what he believes.

Might load up on TWTR soon so I can cash in on the PJI. Gonna be quite the gravy train! Hopefully Elon has some cash lying around to cover it.
At this point, i’d love it if the banks pulled out and Elon simply walked away for 1B.

The TWTR shareholders like Icahn and David Einhorn would get reamed (if they didn’t close their positions already.) I wouldn’t cry over Einhorn.

Reactions: saniflash
Apparently that's not an option.
Yeah Elon is going to own Twitter. Question is at what price. Seems like at this point no reason for Twitter to give him a price break, since things are looking so good for trial. I guess I could see a very small discount. Even that seems doubtful though. And they’ll get PJI from trial if I understand correctly.

• Informative
Yeah Elon is going to own Twitter. Question is at what price. Seems like at this point no reason for Twitter to give him a price break, since things are looking so good for trial. I guess I could see a very small discount. Even that seems doubtful though. And they’ll get PJI from trial if I understand correctly.
I think he will end up paying full price.

All true. It would’ve been helpful if you had pointed this out when it came off the rails when one of the “defenders” disagreed with a valid piece of criticism within a Twitter-focused post that was accurately pointing out Twitter will dilute Elon’s time and energy to focus on Tesla’s well-known and long-standing issues.
At this point, a call to return the focus to Twitter comes across as a way to undermine those original valid criticisms of things Elon could fix quicker if he wasn’t focused on Twitter.
I’m sure that’s not your intent.

It just occurred to me how ironic it was to have come to this thread from the Investment Roundtable when OT posts there were moved here by moderators. Then, I realized the topic here had turned to one that would be better in that thread (or some other).

I'm easily amused by ironical* stuff. 😀 (*yeah, I know it's not a word)

Maybe full price with a court order for Musk to cover some of Twitter's legal fees.
Twitter’s legal fees are coming out of Twitter’s bank account which Elon will own if he owns Twitter.
The only additional money that Elon might owe over the purchase price is interest payments on $44 billion for the time between when he was contractually obligated to close the deal and when it actually closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.