Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The company doesn’t need Elon around all the time to move forward. Isn’t that exactly what his critics want, less dependency on Elon?
What I'd like is for him to be more focused on Tesla and working on engineering problems. If things are going so well at Tesla that he doesn't need to be there much then I'd like him to no longer be CEO so whatever nutty thing he does next doesn't affect the company as much. I can also think of probably 100 other issues he could be working on besides Twitter if he's bored with Tesla now. Seems a total waste of his engineering mind.

I just read that the guy that assaulted Pelosi's husband (that Elon tweeted about) was in the country illegally, having overstayed his Canadian entry visa by "decades".

Anyone else heard anything that corroborates this? Here is the quote (yes, some will hate the source, but they do quote ICE directly):

"An Immigrations and Customs Enforcement source told Fox News Monday that DePape is in the U.S. illegally after a "longtime" visa overstay."

I am in no way condoning his actions, he needs serious jailtime for assault like this. Just an interesting wrinkle to the story.

There are indeed reports that the attacker was a white guy on an overstayed Visa from Canada. I'm not sure if that's gonna make a good "illegals from Mexico are the root of our country's problems and we need a wall" argument, but yeah.

Meanwhile, back on topic, I'm more concerned about the equally early report that Elon is diverting staff from TSLA to TWTR - note that TSLA is public while TWTR is Elon's private adventure - the conflict of interest there is.... problematic at best

There are indeed reports that the attacker was a white guy on an overstayed Visa from Canada. I'm not sure if that's gonna make a good "illegals from Mexico are the root of our country's problems and we need a wall" argument, but yeah.

Meanwhile, back on topic, I'm more concerned about the equally early report that Elon is diverting staff from TSLA to TWTR - note that TSLA is public while TWTR is Elon's private adventure - the conflict of interest there is.... problematic at best
It’s normal to bring in talent when you’re taking out the trash.

SpaceX is also private but we know there's cross pollination of engineering talent there too.

Doing this across multiple, differently owned, companies that you run is very unusual in general (for exactly the conflict of interest concerns you mention) but it's SOP for Elon and has been for years.

Nah, I don't care what someone's race is. If you are in the country illegally, you shouldn't be here. Hard stop, don't care about anything else.

I can't go stroll down to Mexico or up to Canada or pretty much to any other country in the world and "overstay" my welcome.

On to Elon and TSLA staff - as luck would have it there was even a SEC official on CNBC today, and he was asked this very question. Basically, he said as long as labor laws are followed (i.e. the workers are paid for their work at TWTR), there is zero that is illegal about it and he strongly doubted Elon would do it without the approval of the TSLA board.

Furthermore, 50 people . . . . out of 110,000 Tesla employees. Drop in a bucket.

Hey here is a suggestion for Elon to pay for it. The old swear jar concept. If you want to be vile or potentially vile you have to pay for it. You post something that could be offensive then content moderation flags it and you have a credit card on file. If the charge goes through your post goes through. I dont know say $1 per post. Same goes if you want to retweet something vile.
Wow that didn’t take long - have a look. I’m not sure that is really what he’s doing, but I thought it was funny since you raised it here..

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Would you rather he fires them from Tesla and hire them to Twitter officially?

This isn’t “The Apprentice”, you know.

Assuming these were valuable TSLA employees, that would be a breach of feduciary duty, and also possibly wrongful termination.

Do you have any experience at all with public companies and/or labor law?

Here’s a good watch for those who are clutching at their pearls. A bit of a mood brightener.

I think the mood might be brighter if some people could imagine that we're actually fans of Elon's work on cars and spaceships, and are simply worried that exactly what we said would happen is going on - demonstrations of his worst twitter posting urges, and literal bleeding of talent and attention away from Tesla to his pet free-speech project.

So I received an email from a coworker telling me Elon was destroying the platform and that is was ridiculous

Is it about the fee to be a verified member or is there something else?
Presumably because of Elon's crazy tweet repeating to his 113M followers, a dangerous completely false story about the attempted murder of the husband of the 3rd in line for presidency of our democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.