Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't own any Tesla shares, never have. And the personal opinions of the CEO of a public company wouldn't stop me investing in that company.

I just wanted to point out to you that deleting a tweet is not a retraction of the tweet so you shouldn't be surprised that people consider it insufficient.
Ok. That’s informative.

Correction: I did not say nor imply that deleting the tweet was a ‘retraction’, but the action of deleting IS an acknowledgment by him that he was at the very least mistaken. People don’t delete things they’ve tweeted because they think they’re correct.

Additionally, I’m not surprised by anyone thinking that action is insufficient. Several other things, but not surprised.

Looks like Musk hid text messages between himself and SBF. The conspiracy is larger than I thought. He took more money from SBF than the politicians.
Just kidding, he hid a bunch of text messages (one of the many reasons he was going to lose at trial).

It will be interesting to see what happens to FTX’s share. Presumably it will need to be sold and the sale price will be public which will give us some idea of what Twitter is worth right now.
Semafor received funding from SBF so this must be propaganda. Elon would not accept investors like this. He must have cashed him out.

I never shouted.
You seem to be the type that excuses anything at anytime from this wrong behaviour. On top of this your tone is belittling and personal. And you get your facts wrong. Elon never excused anything let alone the Pelosi trash. A new low for him. The last six weeks I see a complete ignorance towards Tesla. To save the megaphone for Trump.

WTF are you up to?
Well, I find your tone belittling and personal too, among other things. Shall we report each other’s posts or do you have another suggestion? I don’t put people on ignore, so that’s not on the table as an option for me.

Additionally, I didn’t say anything about ‘Elon never excused anything let alone the Pelosi trash’. I have no idea what that even means or what you’re trying to say.

I also don’t know what Tesla ignorance means or why you’ve now added Trump to the discussion. I’ve NEVER mentioned Trump in ANY post until just this very one. I don’t do politics on this forum in any way, shape, or form.

I still maintain that the transgressive left are just mad that they finally pushed Elon away, possibly for good.

Unfortunately this segment has a lot of financial power (institutionally and sympathetic) which is why we’re seeing a coordinated effort to drive TSLA share price down. And with anyone who isn’t Elon this would normally work.

Keep pushing, you’re just making him stronger!

What attack? You mean handing Tesla and Tesla's customers billions of $ in subsidies (tax rebates) and other benefits (solo HOV lane access, etc.)?

Seriously? No, legit question. SERIOUSLY?

1) Attacked by AOC repeatedly because he's a billionaire
2) Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders - attacked Elon because he "didn't pay his fair share" of taxes. A tax code, btw, that BOTH of them when you go back and look at their voting records voted for, not against.
3) Biden - invited EVERY EV maker to the White House for an "EV Summit" except . . . the EV maker that has produced more EVs than everyone else (literally) combined

There are so many more examples, it's not even funny. Even the most far-left individuals on this forum acknowledge that the Dem party has done wrong by Elon.

2) Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders - attacked Elon because he "didn't pay his fair share" of taxes. A tax code, btw, that BOTH of them when you go back and look at their voting records voted for, not against.
3) Biden - invited EVERY EV maker to the White House for an "EV Summit" except . . . the EV maker that has produced more EVs than everyone else (literally) combined

There are so many more examples, it's not even funny. Even the most far-left individuals on this forum acknowledge that the Dem party has done wrong by Elon.
Just about the only valid complaint he has is (3), given that this was done by the leader of the party. The other two are just random people in Congress who don't always agree with the official stance of the party.

If we need reform of how the stock market works, we need to get rid of preferential voting shares of the type that allow Zuckerberg to control more than 50% of the votes at Meta while only owning about 15% of the shares by value. And that's not an Elon problem because AFAIK his Tesla shares don't have enhanced voting rights and he can be kicked out by the shareholders if they get pissed enough.

So instead of apologizing on the mistake one makes, the person can simply delete/erase it?
This looks to me that person just pretends nothing ever happened.
No wonder twitter is a mess.
People do that all the time. The very act of deleting is an admittance they made a mistake and were wrong. Sometimes that’s all you get. And that has nothing to do with Twitter. That’s a human condition we all suffer from.

Reactions: DrGriz and cdub
so if TSLA stock is doing super = Elon is the best! genius!!!

if TSLA stock trends poorly = manipulation! it's rigged!!!

sounds oddly familiar... if I win it's fair and square - if i lose it's rigged and full of fraud...
Nope. There’s been a number of times it was rigged up and then down all in the same day. I remember one such very dramatic occurrence that had a lot of people up in arms over.

The first three people are well-known outliers by any reasonable standard on the left or right. They’re not representative.
Union-guy Biden’s creaky, misguided belief that the Big Three are what counts in “Detroit” led to that tin-eared decision not to invite Elon to an event. Being ignored by an old guy is hardly an attack.
Should not have happened, even Biden’s aides were shaking their heads, but that dude lives in the ‘60s. Neglected is not attacked, though.
Hardly a reason to go embrace people who don’t believe climate change is real. Either that is a fundamental value, or it’s not. Right now? The evidence says it’s not.

There are many factors...a falling market, looming recession, the possibility that the recession will cause some green policies to go on the back burner, the splitting of the shares, Elon’s big sell off etc etc.
I also think that investors are seeing EVs coming out of the legacy car makers and are assuming that Tesla dominance will be shared. Unfortunately they are not appreciating the technical superiority of Tesla...then again perhaps they have profiled those with brand loyalty exactly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.