Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no fan of any of these guys, really, but I think the evidence is pretty thin based on this Tweet. Proof seems like a very strong word. I mean, for all you know, he was just replying ironically with a trending hashtag. Hopefully you have more concrete evidence other than him being in Malaysia, along with a few random Tweets, which are stupid but not incriminating.

Have you really chased down the context and done other searching before leveling such serious accusations?

All a bit silly. Let’s focus on Elon & Twitter and related issues which could have an impact on the financial situation surrounding Tesla.

Yeah. Talk about jumping to conclusions. Here you go @EVNow. Pretty obvious he was just mocking the hashtag.

If most journalists and news orgs move to post.news, Twitter will become irrelevant, in my opinion. Media report tweets because media writers spend all their time on Twitter. Once they move, Twitter will become a has been. Might happen!

I'm liking post.news. Mastadon took some effort to just look at the content providers I wanted (they bury it in the preferences), but once I did find that it's nicer than Twitter too. If they fix the interface I think they have a winner.

I am with Jaron Lanier on Elon and his Twitter fiasco. Elon is addicted to Twitter. He was a power user before he became the owner. Attention is incredibly addictive for some people. Outrage and outrageousness get attention and he seems to live off of attention. It’s pretty pathetic. Unfortunately, the ideologies he is promoting have real consequences on other people. Yes, anti-vax ideology does kill people. Anti-Semitic ideology led to unfathomable genocide. Elon has a huge following and he is wildly influential. Men with insatiable hunger for attention and power have caused massive harm throughout history, sometimes unintentionally. Time will tell what kind of harm Elon’s addiction will cause to himself and others.

When someone has been on the bottom of the pecking order as a teen, they seek validation. When people suddenly start giving them positive attention for something they did or can do, it can become addictive. Suddenly someone wants you for your talent and skill.

I went through that personally in microcosm to Elon. I went to a high school with a lot of geeks and even the other geeks picked on me. It was pretty miserable. Then I got to college and some people began to pay attention to my talents and I did get a bit full of myself for a little while until someone wiser than I was helped drag me back to earth. It's probably why I tend to deflect when someone is complimentary to me today. I don't want to go anywhere near that person I became for a little while.

Like every human being Elon has strengths and weaknesses. He has been getting so much praise for his strengths he has forgotten his weaknesses and thinks he can do anything. Emotionally he's still that 15 year old kid looking for validation rather than abuse from his peers.

Yeah. Talk about jumping to conclusions. Here you go @EVNow. Pretty obvious he was just mocking the hashtag.
Everything that is wrong with Twitter. @EVNow is probably aggressively using The Algorithm, and this Right Wing Cope account got just enough engagement to pop to the top of his interest list in his feed/timeline, and the rest is history. All speculation of course, but this definitely is something that happens! It tends to make people very upset.

I think Twitter should have a policy of displaying all the least interesting posts first to minimize engagement when The Algorithm is enabled. But I am not a marketing expert. I also disable The Algorithm.

TMC isn't TMZ nor is it Elon's club.

I believe young children would benefit from some privacy, especially as such young age.

Elon has no problem using his children to create his straw man arguments whenever it suits his political fights – despite his claim of having no mercy for anyone who would use the deaths of children for gain, politics or fame. I won't bring water to his mill.
They say “It takes a village to raise a child”, however, on the internet, randos are now telling the world’s richest man how to raise his child. 🤯 🤣

1670630195315.jpeg

Last edited:
They say “It takes a village to raise a child”, however, on the internet, randos are now telling the world’s richest man how to raise his child. 🤯 🤣

View attachment 883274
Musk himself injected his child (for reasons known only to him) into the discussion of Musk, the business leader. These weren't leaked vacation snaps. The idea that he thrust this little kid into global discourse, which he very deliberately did, without knowing that it'd invite commentary from millions of internet randos is beyond ludicrous.

Musk himself injected his child (for reasons known only to him) into the discussion of Musk, the business leader. These weren't leaked vacation snaps. The idea that he thrust this little kid into global discourse, which he very deliberately did, without knowing that it'd invite commentary from millions of internet randos is beyond ludicrous.
I think a few recently joined TMC members are running an Elon Musk smear campaign that is failing miserably. Twitter has improved immensely in a very short time, so it appears that yet another Elon Musk company will be a huge success. I expect that this will make the naysayers and Monday morning quarterbacks sitting at home in their armchairs eating pudding 💩 very disappointed.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Private companies have to follow regulations. Including about discrimination. Its not a free-for-all as some would believe.
Yeah but we're not talking about dumping toxic waste or selling arms to terrorists. Twitter deals in something that's protected by the first amendment. Congress has very little power to force them to censor or not censor anything. The first amendment has exactly nothing to do with a private company's moderation policy.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yeah but we're not talking about dumping toxic waste or selling arms to terrorists. Twitter deals in something that's protected by the first amendment. Congress has very little power to force them to censor or not censor anything. The first amendment has exactly nothing to do with a private company's moderation policy.

I'm sorry, but this is not correct. Not per the Constitution, not per the law, and not per SCOTUS rulings on the constitution.

A private company CAN put restrictions on what is allowed on their platform, including free speech. The first amendment is only universal in regards to speaking out against the government.

When a user signs up for a service such as Twitter, they agree to the "Terms of Service". And those ToS are effectively a contract where the user abides by those specified rules in exchange for access and utilization of the platform.

what specifically has changed other than people being unbanned? I'm on Twitter every day (read only), and I don't notice any differences.
For me:
1) Fewer bots and crypto scam tweets
2) Huge improvement in performance
3) Better signal to noise ratio
4) Better content and memes.
5) The entertainment value in listening to Elon Musk haters trying to contort themselves into believing their “unbiased” tweets while “promising“ to leave Twitter immediately. Priceless. 🤣

1670637807618.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.