Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon is not a prosecutor, him (jokingly) calling for Fauci to be prosecuted is just him exercising his right of free speech, nothing more, whether Fauci will be prosecuted is not up to him. And I actually agree he's semi trolling here, and I think the elaboration will be in future installment of Twitter Files, what he's doing is just to drum up interest in future reveals.
I don't think anyone was claiming that Elon's tweet is illegal so I'm not sure why you're bring up free speech. Saying someone should be prosecuted when they haven't committed a crime is not cool. My bold prediction is that he doesn't actually have evidence.

Yes is my answer to the thread title.

For years I was a fan of Elon because of his message of sustainability and extreme focus on making electric cars affordable and mainstream. I rooted for him and Tesla to succeed the way I do my college football team. He seemed apolitical which was good imo and he elevated his stature in my mind even more by not venturing into that arena. Everything he said just made sense to me and I always defended him years back by saying something to the effect of a normal person can't accomplish what he has. His detractors back then and ironically are the same people he is now cozying up to.

It seems like he really started to change back in 2020 around the same time he became a household name and the richest person in the world. He also seemed to embrace this 'anything that isn't 100% pro-business I will attack attitude'. Now that he has also doubled down on openly embracing far right conspiracy theories and other egregious things I am done defending him and supporting his endeavors. I am one person with one opinion with no impact on anything so of course it doesn't matter but that's how I feel. I have no problem with him having high performance goals and expectations for his employees it's the political stuff that gets under my skin. He appears to have become just another pompous, out of touch, womanizing, dead beat, self-aggrandizing billionaire. At least that's how I see it.

Something my dad always said seems apply in Elon's case. "Intelligence and smart are not the same thing. Many times they don't ride the same bus". One doesn't have look around too hard to see how true that statement is. Would I buy another Tesla?? Even with their faults they still are the best game in town. I guess I'm buying the car not Elon's rhetoric. However I do know people who can't separate the two. In past two weeks two individuals told me they cancelled their orders exclusively because of Elon's erratic behavior.

It's ironic that what all the "Tesla Killers" and pronunciations that Tesla could not survive could not do. Now the person who breathed life into Tesla is now has the potential do the company more harm than any of that ever could.

Something my dad also taught me, you can be hardcore but still treat all others with respect and have humility.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone was claiming that Elon's tweet is illegal so I'm not sure why you're bring up free speech. Saying someone should be prosecuted when they haven't committed a crime is not cool. My bold prediction is that he doesn't actually have evidence.
Probably testing his new anti bot program and this tweet is perfect for it.

In the coming years Tesla will be surpassed by many other vehicles in range, quality, price, etc. My next car won't be a Tesla. But that has nothing to do with whatever that dummy posts on Twitter and everything to do with the strong EV competition coming from other automakers and Tesla's continued failure to provide things that are available on vehicles that cost half their price. (Satellite radio, shuffle for Tidal, 360 cams, ventilated seats, etc) It's weird to me that a vehicle that seems so ahead of it's time in many ways is trapped in 2010 in so many other ways.

Last edited:
I can’t really ignore his insanity anymore. His latest tweet:

“My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci”

I’m on the verge of blocking him because it’s making me not want to own a Tesla anymore.

Anyone else feeling this?
Yes. I sold both of my Teslas because of quality issues, plus I just couldn't get myself to keep representing or funding this lunatic by driving a Tesla. Yes, I know the world is imperfect. But, we make the best choices we can given the information we have, and I choose to vote with my dollar. The other manufacturers are catching up and in some cases have surpassed Tesla. Elon's self-centered nature and promoting disinformation is disgusting as a human, but as a business man it's just plain stupid.

combined, my spouse and I worked over 50 years at NIH.

We have the utmost respect for the knowledge and expertise of Dr Anthony Fauci

I am _extremely_ unhappy with Elon and wish the board would have a "come to jesus or whatever preferred deity discussion" about his very deleterious effects he has been having since he was forced to buy twitter and seems to have decided to burn it to the ground, along with his reputation and spillover
to be clear.
1) I own and love my MYLR, best vehicle I have owned or driven in 65+ years, fueled by sunlight
2) i own and will not sell my TSLA stock except to gift random shares to close relatives
3) I'm tapped out or would buy more _shares_, and will do so as it once again, zips past $420.69

Since the Twitter Files Part 1-23 were a complete dud...

Depends on perspective. I guess if a company (e.g. Twiiter) feels that a politician is inciting violence or is racist, they can be "shadow banned" and taken out of the of "public square", that's ok for a lot of people.

It would be interesting if Elon became super MAGA and started to censor Biden and a lot of liberals. I guess people would be ok with that too.. After all, as the twitter files have noted, this was done in the past; why not continue it? Also, what happens if the republicans take over the government and started to work with twitter and other big tech companies to censor liberals because they "felt" liberals were racist against white people, liberals were causing great harm because of their "diversion and inclusion" agenda, causing great economic harm because of their "global warming" agenda... etc..

People have different perspective on things. The Twitter files have only shown that there was a precedent for censoring ideas. The Twitter files are a "complete dud" if you agree with the statement that censorship is fine and that people are allowed to do it if "they have the moral high ground". I'm sure people like Desantis, Abbot, Youngkin, etc.. are all taking note.

combined, my spouse and I worked over 50 years at NIH
Yup. My Dad and Mom worked at the NIH (mom still does). My Dad even worked in the same department as Fauci eons ago. (Although maybe not at NIH then)

They're interested in EV but won't buy a Tesla anymore. This is probably the nail in the coffin for them because they've felt this for a while because of Elons immature antics.

• Informative
Reactions: 2Pearls and Nathan
Can someone please elaborate what the prosecute Fauci tweet is about?

What is EM referring to? On what basis would he put this tweet out?

Pretty simple. He hangs out with and interacts with a lot of right wing conspiracy theorists.

The fact that he also got to **** on transgender people (pronouns) makes it a double win for him.

His social media page is now indistinguishable from that of a QAnon believer.

Run....from what?
C90EF700-5E8B-4C2C-8C9E-A57A738C6046.gif

"
On Jan 7, senior Twitter execs:
- create justifications to ban Trump
"

Seriously? Attempting to overthrow the United States government wasn't reason enough? Did they need to update their TOS to say "Oh yeah, please no starting a civil war in the country where we keep all our stuff."?

This may well be Elon's masterpiece. Trying to frame banning someone actively inciting an insurrection as a nefarious plot against free speech.

The entire Part 4 thread fails to mention the events of January 6th.

There's a reason Elon is leaking to these hacks and not actual journalists.

The slow trickle is by design. It’s meant to keep it in the spotlight and to wear down the MSM’s ability to turn away and pretend it isn’t happening.

They can’t run forever. ⌛
The problem is when you only give The Files to a few journalists what you get is MSM articles about their journalism. Like this:

I also see over the weekend Elon threw out his favorite insult against someone he doesn't like - baselessly claiming they're a pedo.

Of course, if you read the context of what was written by Roth you'll see he was actually reaching the opposite conclusion of what Elon is claiming.

Such a shame. Seemed like truth used to matter. Now for Elon, he's just neck deep in right wing conspiracies and trying to publicly smear people he doesn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.