Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still feel like the biggest idiot because I bought Tesla products thinking I was supporting some good thing. Turns out I'm just supporting Elon's stupid MAGA-agenda and his desire to see Hunter Biden's di(k pics.

I like my corporate overlords to be greedy, not stupid stuff with cancelling Dr. Fauci or trolling C-list celebs on Twitter.

"Since the company’s inception in 2003, Tesla’s mission has been to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy."​

How does Elon's recent behavior and him buying Twitter accelerate the transition to sustainable energy? It doesn't.

In my opinion, it's having the exact opposite effect.

His deep dive into red pill Qanon mania is destroying the brand. People I know who were interested in buying a Tesla don't want to anymore.

How does this help the mission?

I've been a Tesla stockholder since 2013. I support Tesla. I don't support this behavior and I'm tired of defending the brand when I should be promoting EVs. This behavior is going to seriously setback their progress. How are we going to covert to sustainable energy when half the country potentially doesn't want to do anything with the Tesla brand? It's extremely sad and needs to change if Tesla is going to change the world.

At the very least a vote will maybe knock some sense into him that this behavior needs to stop and he needs to rebuild people's trust in him. However, I don't see this happening anytime soon sadly.
Big time lol!

I still feel like the biggest idiot because I bought Tesla products thinking I was supporting some good thing. Turns out I'm just supporting Elon's stupid MAGA-agenda and his desire to see Hunter Biden's di(k pics.

I like my corporate overlords to be greedy, not stupid stuff with cancelling Dr. Fauci or trolling C-list celebs on Twitter.
Be glad to take it all off your hands if you feel strongly about it.

For eight dollars.

• Funny
Reactions: FFR6288
Can someone please elaborate what the prosecute Fauci tweet is about?

What is EM referring to? On what basis would he put this tweet out?
Whether he actually believes that Fauci should be prosecuted is anyone's guess - he's doing these things, and promoting crazy ideas in order to promote more interest in Twitter. Which in my book makes him even worse of a CEO.

Which in my book makes him even worse of a CEO.
Because you don’t agree with the method (hype) or because you don’t agree with who/how it’s being directed?

There’s a difference and if you’ve been following EM for any appreciable amount of time you already knew about the former.

I think we're beyond that possibility. The company is here to stay. The board definitely needs to have a come to Jesus talk with him though.
The best thing that could happen to Tesla is if he is removed as CEO and you bring someone in that 1. Actually understands engineering and the limits of what they are calling FSD. 2. Understands the importance of being called a "Luxury" car company, and having the build quality to match... and 3. Doesn't alienate a good portion of the population by disseminating disinformation.

Well.. do any of us have companies that were forced to stay shut for longer than necessary (even though the rest of CA was open), costing millions of dollars to him and his suppliers?

I like Fauci and I think Fauci tried but he did carry the lockdowns too far. And if they did purposely suppress information to fit the narrative rather than let it go out and fight it in public, that’s a problem.

Time will tell.

And for all of those on the left that are just screaming “never buying a Tesla”, that too will pass in time. How quick people forget about dieselgate and went right back to buying VW. Or how BMW was literally started by Nazi’s but now many liberals own them.

Or how many on the left are calling him a Putin stooge but totally ignore the fact that Starlink is massively helping Ukraine and that we are no longer dependent on Russia to launch astronauts. Or that by allowing Trump on Twitter actually hurts Trump and his truth social business. The left sickens me almost as much as the far right. (And I lean left.)

Are frust
There will just be new social media platforms that suit the moderation preferences of liberals.
The government working to censor speech would be a problem. Luckily there is no evidence of that (yet).
Seems more likely there will be a platform that is moderated in such a way it becomes the main site for somewhat more reasonable, factual posts/discussions.
Then the fringe fact-deniers and spinners will clamor for more access to that one, too, and complaining their “1st Amendment Rights are being violated.”

Actually understands engineering and the limits of what they are calling FSD.
I actually think they'll solve FSD eventually. They're making progress.

I think they need to:
  • Massively improve customer service. It should be a number 1 or 2 goal
  • Reduce prices and make the car affordable again to support the mission

Well.. do any of us have companies that were forced to stay shut for longer than necessary (even though the rest of CA was open), costing millions of dollars to him and his suppliers?

I like Fauci and I think Fauci tried but he did carry the lockdowns too far. And if they did purposely suppress information to fit the narrative rather than let it go out and fight it in public, that’s a problem.

Time will tell.

And for all of those on the left that are just screaming “never buying a Tesla”, that too will pass in time. How quick people forget about dieselgate and went right back to buying VW. Or how BMW was literally started by Nazi’s but now many liberals own them.

Or how many on the left are calling him a Putin stooge but totally ignore the fact that Starlink is massively helping Ukraine and that we are no longer dependent on Russia to launch astronauts. The left sickens me almost as much as the far right. (And I lean left.)
But I think there's a big difference between a company (BMW) that was started decades ago and what the company is now. Now, Elon is the CEO of Tesla and some of us choose to go elsewhere.

But I think there's a big difference between a company (BMW) that was started decades ago and what the company is now. Now, Elon is the CEO of Tesla and some of us choose to go elsewhere.

Well… this was pretty recent…

And you are free to choose to go elsewhere. Just know what you are going to.

Well… this was pretty recent…

And you are free to choose to go elsewhere. Just know what you are going to.
And they had to pay for it, and learn from it. Somehow it's more palatable to me than seeing Elon currently spewing QAnon ideologies. If he were to leave Tesla, I wouldn't hold it against the company and may consider one in the future if quality improves.

I don’t think you can bring back Twitter from the hyper-political space it’s become but you can make sure the worst agitators on the platform from both sides only reach the fringes.
How do you do that when Elon himself amplifies the right fringe ?

Infact, at this point he may have internalized their propaganda.

Time will tell.

Or how many on the left are calling him a Putin stooge but totally ignore the fact that Starlink is massively helping Ukraine and that we are no longer dependent on Russia to launch astronauts. Or that by allowing Trump on Twitter actually hurts Trump and his truth social business. The left sickens me almost as much as the far right. (And I lean left.)
Fauci, May 22nd 2020:

Status
Not open for further replies.