Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because he's picking a successor doesn't mean that person is guaranteed to make TWTR more profitable than he can. We all know what happens when TWTR needs cash injection. I'm torn.
My guess is the big loan is the primary problem. Once that is changed to equity Twitter can be run without needed massive cash injections.

According to ElonJet, he is tweeting all this directly from the boardroom where he is meeting with those Saudi investors. Presumably, they are firmly demanding that he must step down before they will agree to invest.

Unfortunately, he did not promise anything about stepping down as Twitter's sole content moderator or top user.

Just because he's picking a successor doesn't mean that person is guaranteed to make TWTR more profitable than he can. We all know what happens when TWTR needs cash injection. I'm torn.

It's far easier with someone other than Elon.

Elon thinks Twitter could be solved with defeating S-Curves and sleeping on the office floor. He certainty FA, and he certainly found out.

You can use Elon's ideas and his ruthlessness (behind the scenes) but the face in front has to be the diplomat that can appeal to a wide spectrum and be 100% safe to advertisers.

The implication is he would do it immediately or at least in a much sooner time scale than he originally planned.
His previous comments were he was going to wait for Twitter to be in a strong place (which it seems quite far from right now).
Elon Musk says he will find a new leader for Twitter

So... his promise and poll are worth nothing - he stays in charge no matter what the result, for as long as he deems "necessary".

Kinda pathetic stunt

If him leaving means he actually no longer makes any content moderation decisions, at the very least hopefully some advertisers will return. It would at least remove some of the uncertainty from him introducing poorly thought out policies on a whim (like the recent one about other social media platforms which they had to modify almost immediately). But if he is still going to be the one pulling the strings behind the scenes (and then does another similar action), then it won't be very meaningful.

He’ll fall back into the position of Technoking.
Moving the Masterofcoin to Twitter as CEO would solve 2 problems as I see it. EM would trust him and he would also do what he asks which are the major qualifications (?). His expertise with crypto would serve the basis for the X payment system.

Filling his position at Tesla would be doable perhaps with a simple promotion and the BOD might give a nod and see it as a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.