Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a false equivalency. Please try again.
You know some of the people who were let back on, were banned for inciting violence that got people killed, right? If these companies followed morals instead of money, these people would have been banned long before it got to the point where people got killed. But nope, they'll do anything to boost "engagement".

Well, guess who got banned again?

What's the point in letting all of these idiots back on? There's a reason they were banned in the first place. This is like letting criminals out of prison who don't have a good reason to get a pardon. They end up back in prison and the only difference is that society has to put up with more of their crimes until they get put back in the slammer.

Because you give them an opportunity to fail under "the new management". Then when they are banned again, they have no legitimate argument to fall back on.

"You got a 2nd chance, you pissed it away. Don't come back."

I don't use Twitter. The only time I see tweets are when someone posts a screenshot here or on the other forum I'm on. I can never tell who is writing or who they're answering or speaking to. I'm gratified to see that I'm not the only one who finds Twitter's format opaque.

(I also find the short format antagonistic to any sort of nuance or substantive post. Twitter demands simplistic comments, most conducive to negative thoughts, such as hate, bigotry, and conspiracy theories.)
Aside from being a digital bulletin board for those professionals with public personas, I always considered Twitter a platform for blowhards, windbags, and trolls.

Last edited:
Incitement to violence is a criminal offense in every civilized nation. And also in the United States. It is legally distinct from murder, so your statement is technically correct, but irrelevant.

Yeah - but when we have dumbed it down so much that refusing to use preferred pronouns is now considered "violence" - it becomes very problematic.

So you acknowledge that Senator Paul was attacked by domestic terrorists who organized on Twitter 2 and a half years ago.
Yes. For the record, I don't ever remember being asked about this incident specifically but if I was asked about it I wouldn't have denied that it happened.
What about people who aren’t elected officials? Don’t they matter too?
Yes. Nobody should be fomenting physical attacks against anyone on social media (although I'd probably make an exception for war time scenarios, but in war, it's generally not a good idea to tip off your enemy to your plans and I don't think the Ukrainian army is going to actively plan attacks on Twitter because the Russians can read what they're writing too).

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yeah - but when we have dumbed it down so much that refusing to use preferred pronouns is now considered "violence" - it becomes very problematic.

There's no effing problem here! Incitement to actual violence (beatings, murder, rape, etc.) is a crime and should not be allowed on social media or anywhere else. If you really and truly cannot tell the difference between incitement to actual physical violence and what a few people on the fringe label as "violence" because it's disrespectful, then you have a problem. The rest of us can tell the difference and the neo-nazis that Musk has reinstated on Twitter are inciting to actual physical violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.