Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder how much power Linda will be given and if the ad business/$$ doesn't change or improve, if she'd be pushed out as the fall gal for failing to turn Twitter around.

I don't think it's a stretch to say she took the job because she can finally say/check off on her list of accomplishments that she is/has been a CEO.

It's still too early until we see actual concrete numbers and advertisers saying they are solidly back to paying on the platform. She hasn't even started the job yet of course so it's starting days.

The random posts that the website hasn't crashed or went offline is a useless measure to me. Just useless noise. Maybe we can get a better sense in mid 2024.

Is it possible that the bulk of Teslas new found advertising budget will go to Twitter ?

Probably going to be an initial test phase to see what avenues provide best ROI, then a re-focus of additional revenues to those areas.

Elon's not a stupid businessman, despite what some here want others to believe. He will have the proper paper trail created to prove whatever avenue they end up on is the highest ROI. And yeah, this will be delegated to someone at Tesla (new hire? PR department is pretty much non-existant).

Reactions: Bouba
I just got threatened with being banned for something I didn’t do...I’m feeling a bit aggrieved...all I did was reply to another post..I didn’t originate it..nor endorse its sentiments.

When the mods click on a bunch of posts to move/delete and send a message to say the original poster, that message gets sent to everyone that is in the grouping of messages they selected. That's my understanding of how the forum software works, at least.

When the mods click on a bunch of posts to move/delete and send a message to say the original poster, that message gets sent to everyone that is in the grouping of messages they selected. That's my understanding of how the forum software works, at least.

Yes, this is how the forum software works.

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke
One year anniversary of Elongate, idiots claimed back then that more scandal will surface and it will be a "feeding frenzy":

Reality: Nothing, not only no new "scandal" is uncovered, Elongate itself has fizzled out for lack of evidence.
Elongate is off topic. There are plenty of other places to attack the Evil Media.
The fact that someone posts on Twitter about something Elon did doesn’t make it on topic. People post about 1.2 gazillion things about him there daily, often festooned with a 420 reference or a meme of that (admittedly compelling) dog.
The thread’s focus is on Twitter the company and Elon’s role with it.

The thread’s focus is on Twitter the company and Elon’s role with it.
Gee, I thought this thread was for any mention of Twitter, at least that's what the mods keep indicating when Twitter is mentioned on the main thread.

In any case, Elon's role in turning Twitter into a (far worse than it used to be) hellscape of propaganda and conspiracy theories, leading by example, is pretty much on topic.

Gee, I thought this thread was for any mention of Twitter, at least that's what the mods keep indicating when Twitter is mentioned on the main thread.

In any case, Elon's role in turning Twitter into a (far worse than it used to be) hellscape of propaganda and conspiracy theories, leading by example, is pretty much on topic.
Such a shame that an OG around here has turned. I won't change your mind but for the benefit of others reading this thread:

95% of shareholders want Elon to stay at Tesla.
I doubt you are using the "for you" stream for 1+ hour per day. I recommend you do. It got even better a few days ago. You get the best of your echo chamber (not a bad thing if you have a good one - some of which comes from those you follow and some from adjacent to those you follow) plus some Instagram, TikTok entertainment plus some educational tweets. Put the effort in to follow the right people for you - it is worth it.
I travelled by train recently and spent some time watching a couple of guys on Instagram. Completely different to the innocuous fashion and makeup drivel my wife gets on Instagram. They are getting fighting posts mostly. I was getting a bit of that too on Twitter until recently. I do worry about young men these days - maybe watching fighting is the least worst thing to keep the chimp part of their brains fed with bananas. I played call of duty in my day which I think felt much less real (at least when the graphics weren't as good) and was developing my brain a little.
Twitter>Instagram for women>Instagram for men

Such a shame that an OG around here has turned. I won't change your mind but for the benefit of others reading this thread:

95% of shareholders want Elon to stay at Tesla.
I doubt you are using the "for you" stream for 1+ hour per day. I recommend you do. It got even better a few days ago. You get the best of your echo chamber (not a bad thing if you have a good one - some of which comes from those you follow and some from adjacent to those you follow) plus some Instagram, TikTok entertainment plus some educational tweets. Put the effort in to follow the right people for you - it is worth it.
I travelled by train recently and spent some time watching a couple of guys on Instagram. Completely different to the innocuous fashion and makeup drivel my wife gets on Instagram. They are getting fighting posts mostly. I was getting a bit of that too on Twitter until recently. I do worry about young men these days - maybe watching fighting is the least worst thing to keep the chimp part of their brains fed with bananas. I played call of duty in my day which I think felt much less real (at least when the graphics weren't as good) and was developing my brain a little.
Twitter>Instagram for women>Instagram for men
I don't like Elon's antics, but I still want him to stay at Tesla. I very much prefer Tesla Elon than Twitter Elon. I'd vote him out of Twitter if I could.
Many of Tesla supporters just think his obsession to be able to say whatever he pleases on Twitter is childish, immature and more harmful than helpful for the mission. It's not an impossible opinion to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.