Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Email Subject - "Tesla Model Y Order"... I have questions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, a few minutes ago, I got an email with the subject, "Tesla Model Y Order" welcoming me to the Tesla family.

It notes 5 things to prepare for delivery.
I have everything prepared and just need a VIN assigned.

I'm wondering, how long between getting this (or similar) email and VIN assignment did any of you MY owners have to wait?

I put in the order on June 25.
Blue/White/Performance/PUP/Tow... Basically I got everything.

Side note, I have no idea how delivery will happen. I'm in Mississippi, nowhere near any Tesla locations. Any other Mississippi owners?

So, a few minutes ago, I got an email with the subject, "Tesla Model Y Order" welcoming me to the Tesla family.

It notes 5 things to prepare for delivery.
I have everything prepared and just need a VIN assigned.

I'm wondering, how long between getting this (or similar) email and VIN assignment did any of you MY owners have to wait?

I put in the order on June 25.
Blue/White/Performance/PUP/Tow... Basically I got everything.

Side note, I have no idea how delivery will happen. I'm in Mississippi, nowhere near any Tesla locations. Any other Mississippi owners?

In Arizona, we had our vin about 6 weeks later after our mid May order, and picked up the MY about 6 days after that. Assuming you could add about a day or 2 for the extra travel to your location.

• Informative
Reactions: FrankTUTB
We placed our order on June 29th, a friend on June 25th and we are both in the "waiting room". He ordered a Blue MYP w/PUP and I ordered a blue MY LR AWD he lives in Missouri (St Louis) and I live in Illinois (20 miles SE of St Louis. We are both scheduled to take delivery at the same SC in Chesterfield Mo. It's going to be very instructive on who gets their car first.

I bet the MYP (higher margins) gets delivered first. Good luck

• Informative
Reactions: FrankTUTB