Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EMF (radiation) emissions from Tesla batteries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is my understanding harmful radiation levels (EMF) are being emitted from the passenger floor board and charging station/charging port. How can my passenger be protected from these emissions.
Disagree. Electromagnetic waves become dangerous only at Very High Frequencies and Power. You have to be careful if you are close to a parabolic antenna tracking a Satellite NOT close to a Tesla.

Reactions: Mike1080i
Upvote 0
And holding a cell phone to his brain or his house Wifi or cooking his meals with that microwave oven or walking outside getting radiation bombardment from the Sun and not to mention the Radon coming up from the ground below his house.
Yeah by far the highest risk for exposure is holding your cell phone next to your head so if you are worried about it don’t use a cell phone. Actually, as it’s more convenient, I use a cell phone stand which also keeps it away from your head. Since EM wave power drops rapidly with distance, even being a foot away reduces the EM strength. PS, I used to do electronic gear and satellite EMI testing.

Upvote 0
Yeah by far the highest risk for exposure is holding your cell phone next to your head so if you are worried about it don’t use a cell phone. Actually, as it’s more convenient, I use a cell phone stand which also keeps it away from your head. Since EM wave power drops rapidly with distance, even being a foot away reduces the EM strength. PS, I used to do electronic gear and satellite EMI testing.
The highest risk for using a cell phone is using it while driving!

Reactions: Resist
Upvote 0
Agree. Electromagnetic waves power decreases inversely to the square of distance as it is stated by the Poynting Vector. So if you want to be safe use headphones and you will be ok.

P.S.
Don't place the cell phone in the pockets of your trousers while using the headphones. You know what I mean!
I usually place my telephone in a bag while using headphones.

Reactions: MXing
Upvote 0