Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of Q2 Model S Deals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see ~900 off all the inventory MSP's in my region. Strangely, I'm seeing a TON of them in-transit as well. I'm talking like 50+ plaids versus the ~10 or so in my region delivery area I've seen recently. I tried putting a zip code on the other side of the country and almost all those exact same in-transit cars show heading to lots way out there too. Seems like all in-transit cars show everywhere right now. Most are 2023 models which seems strange. Wonder if they are just offering free shipping effectively to move those 2023 cars.

I want the sport seats though so I need a recent build. I see $890 off a blue MSP with sport seats I have been eyeing in inventory. It's at the edge of my 200 mile search radius though. Don't really want to go that far. I also would like to test drive a plaid first before comitting to a 90k purchase. All demo cars are the base model in my region.

I see ~900 off all the inventory MSP's in my region. Strangely, I'm seeing a TON of them in-transit as well. I'm talking like 50+ plaids versus the ~10 or so in my region delivery area I've seen recently. I tried putting a zip code on the other side of the country and almost all those exact same in-transit cars show heading to lots way out there too. Seems like all in-transit cars show everywhere right now. Most are 2023 models which seems strange. Wonder if they are just offering free shipping effectively to move those 2023 cars.

I want the sport seats though so I need a recent build. I see $890 off a blue MSP with sport seats I have been eyeing in inventory. It's at the edge of my 200 mile search radius though. Don't really want to go that far. I also would like to test drive a plaid first before comitting to a 90k purchase. All demo cars are the base model in my region.
How do you tell a '23 vs. '24 for these inventory cars?

Since most of them didn't have sport seats, I checked a few by clicking view details. They said "Model Year 2023" right above the color.
EDIT: I suppose you only see 2023 if it's indeed a 2023. 2024 cars won't show the year.

Interesting. I don't see that info when I click.

SCR-20240606-irho.png

With this much inventory, end of quarter, & changes afoot in the lineup - I have to imagine there are gonna be at *least* meaty deals on inventory, and probably a low rate offer or free supercharging miles or something to spur new purchases. If you’re not in any hurry at the moment/don’t want something immediately, I’d stand by and see how it unfolds.

Reactions: turns2stone
With this much inventory, end of quarter, & changes afoot in the lineup - I have to imagine there are gonna be at *least* meaty deals on inventory, and probably a low rate offer or free supercharging miles or something to spur new purchases. If you’re not in any hurry at the moment/don’t want something immediately, I’d stand by and see how it unfolds.
I don't think there are any imminent changes to the S,X, or Y at this point (The Y refresh is unlikely to occur this year). There is a ton of inventory. Anecdotally, I don't think I've seen so many MS/X in inventory as I do now for my local deliverable location, but Tesla removed all incentives 2 months ago and they just keep building.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I don't think there are any imminent changes to the S,X, or Y at this point (The Y refresh is unlikely to occur this year). There is a ton of inventory. Anecdotally, I don't think I've seen so many MS/X in inventory as I do now for my local deliverable location, but Tesla removed all incentives 2 months ago and they just keep building.
Yes, and not coincidentally, what happened 2 months ago? The start of a new quarter. And here we are at the end of it, with tons of inventory - how will they incentivize, if at all?
I’d sit tight & see, if it matters. If it doesn’t matter to you, then go buy it and enjoy it now times-a-wasting! 😁👍

Yes, and not coincidentally, what happened 2 months ago? The start of a new quarter. And here we are at the end of it, with tons of inventory - how will they incentivize, if at all?
I’d sit tight & see, if it matters. If it doesn’t matter to you, then go buy it and enjoy it now times-a-wasting! 😁👍
But the difference is that it was the first time in over a year that they removed all inventory discounts despite having the most inventory (maybe) ever.

We'll see, but as I said early the 8th is the latest in the quarter that I've seen them launch a promo (last Q) typically it's launched the month before the end of the Q, usually the last week of the month before the end of the Q.

If you're looking for this color combination, there is a used one in the Houston area for $81,900. 2024, 1,200 miles, 2 months old. I'd be all over it if I were looking at the Stealth Grey.

I'm actually looking for a Long Range in red with black interior + yoke + 19". I could probably talk myself into a Plaid (with the same specs) but only if the price was just too crazy/stupid low to pass up. I've driven the LR recently, it was fast enough for me ha. I already have a '23 Model 3 Performance, I'm looking for a more comfortable car, most of my driving is commuting and suburban. With the occasional roadtrip - which is where the Model 3 really shows its weak spots.

Reactions: Cobra281
And just like that, the discounts are gone from the Model S Plaid...
Yep, I refreshed my page and discounts are gone in my region too. I also noticed the 50+ plaids "in-transit" are gone too. Only shows 8 plaids in transit to my 200 mile radius. Think they fixed the glitch with showing all the inventory available in-transit to every location. For what it's worth, there are no discounts on the base model either anymore. Wonder if they are just changing stuff on the back end to fix that in-transit glitch and the discounts will show up again soon.

Yep, I refreshed my page and discounts are gone in my region too. I also noticed the 50+ plaids "in-transit" are gone too. Only shows 8 plaids in transit to my 200 mile radius. Think they fixed the glitch with showing all the inventory available in-transit to every location. For what it's worth, there are no discounts on the base model either anymore. Wonder if they are just changing stuff on the back end to fix that in-transit glitch and the discounts will show up again soon.
I'm hoping they're adding a 0 to it! LOL

Yah. I think you're right. Something was off on the Tesla site. Look at the inventory chart for today only. It doubled!

What is that inventory tracker you're using?

Not sure what was going on. I couldn't believe how many Plaids (over 50) it said Cincinnati had in-transit, but then changing the zipcode showed the same cars in-transit to a California lot. Had to be a system glitch. I now see the original 12 Plaids, some in stock, some in-transit to my 200 mile radius. Just need to get some real discounts. 1% ain't going to cut it for me.