Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ended: $2K Off Instead Of $1K From Current VA & OH Owners, Confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so glad you could explain this to us. Could you explain this to the legislators in Texas? The "galleries" there won't allow people to test drive cars or even tell them how much the car costs. Clearly there is no difference between a dealership, a 'store' and a gallery.

You can test drive cars in the Dallas gallery, no problem. And they can bring up the website right in store to show you how much things cost.

Perhaps this is a recent change in the past 6 months? Has always been since I started actively shopping this summer.

It is not HTTPS and easy to find using a proxy. Would like to post it but includes a personal token (so it highlights your own row). Have not looked into what else the token can do.

On iOS it should be HTTPS according to App Transport Security (APS). I guess it could be plaintext on Android.

The URL should work without the user token-- have you tried that yet?

I got the $2000 off from a VA referral, it came off the top before taxes. We also have a doc fee here (CDN$1300) that gets added before tax but after credits (trade-in, referral, gov't EV incentives), so no real difference if had been taken off 1k from the car and 1k from doc fee. But anyhow on my final purchase agreement it shows a full 2k referral credit right off the price.

Hi e-FTW,

I live in NY and am considering a RWD 70. I would be grateful for feedback on your experience with your S70. How does it handle in rain? Have you experienced driving it in snow? Does the AP work well with the RWD?

Thanks in advance.
Hey JB, this will make this a bit OT, but the highlights are:

• This is my first RWD car.
  • When I do get rain, and drive like a normal person, I rarely notice I am in a RWD car.
  • If I get too enthusiastic, traction control keeps things in check really well.
  • Even in the dry at low speeds, gunning it on a straight onramp, I can feel it working, because of the instant torque.
  • Some people might say this is why the AWD cars handle better. I like it, as it makes it feel alive. This thing is a beast.
  • I have turned TC off in the rain to see, and things got hairy quick. Man, that torque!
  • I am in California, so no snow. Might take it up to Tahoe soon, but that requires chains anyways, so no good data for you.
  • I am from Montreal, and generations of us drove in winter with RWD cars, and made it. And if you check out Bjorn Nyland's YouTube channel, you will see that the proper tires make a world of difference. He has studded ones, but it is Norway...
  • Don't skimp on the winter tires (four of them) if you will drive in the snow and you should be fine. Unless you are not near NYC, but way upstate: then I might add the 5k$ to get AWD.
  • I don't see what difference I should be seeing with AP. It is magic. And gets better all the time.

There is a new, fair but short lived, referral program. Happy to send you my link if you PM me.
Order the car, you will not regret it!