Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Savings Trust loan for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys - any advice - I am really struggling here with EST.

I sent my invoice to them last Monday, told was verified on Wednesday and when I called on Thursday was told I was day 2/10 despite it really being day 4.

I phoned today for an update as anxious wont be making my delivery on Friday to be told invoice is awaiting verification, then that it has been verified, then that I am on day 2 again.

I’ve asked for a call back as I’m really struggling to know where I am with any of it. Probably should phone Tesla and try to delay by a week? But EST said “might not even be through by next week”?

any thoughts/advice? Such a stressful process......

I feel your pain. It is very stressful. How can you arrange to collect a car when the goalposts on the funds being available are constantly changing. My application still says my invoice is with the dealer even though they told me it was verified on Friday last week. I have no idea what day of 10 I am on as they told me day 3 yesterday but no status update.

On another point. The DD says it will be taken form your bank on the 15th of each month! That is a terrible date. Does anyone know if it can be changed?

Interesting, I find it generally pretty smooth (except when it suddenly aborts lol). Agree re the need to get used to feathering the throttle - it's amazing how quickly you adapt to it though, was really weird to be in an ICE hire car recently and have to get used to actively braking again!

I phoned this morning, first thing, just to check when the funds would be sent. A very helpful chap went away, investigated and then said all the checks were done and it would be in Thursday or Fridays payrun and it would take 3 to 5 working days to get to my account.. not a lot of good for a Monday pickup.
So I phoned the bank to try to arange some emergency funds to keep the Monday pickup,( I've already bought the train tickets and a week later than that I'll be in Denmark) I got an appointment for tomorrow. they asked me to ask EST for an email confirmingwhen the money would be sent.
I phoned the EST back and explained the situation. The young lady went away and checked as before, but came back with a completely different answer. I was on day 5 of 10 there were a couple of s,all checks to do, so it would be another working 5 days before the money was sent and could be another 5 working days till I received the money.
These phone calls were literally 15 minutes apart!! How can you get such differing answers in such a short time?
Fingers crossed for tomorow

I have phoned and delayed my Friday pick up (this Friday) for a week.

EST has changed to “claim being checked” this afternoon. As mentioned before, I sent invoice to them last Monday (6 or 7 working days ago). Mixed messages today as to where I am with the 10 day thing.

Hopeful the extra week will allow them to finish the claim and get the funds transferred over.

I assume they are using BACS which is why it takes so long to clear but in this day in age they should be able to use Faster Payments. When I financed a car with carfinance24x7 a few years ago after the finance went through I got a text to say my funds had been approved and they hit the dealers account that day.

Same, I guess I won't be collecting car today.
Sorry to hear that Chanser.
I've given up on my pickup next Monday and just informed Tesla. The bank wouldn't issue an overdraft unless the had a fixed repayment date.. payment before a certain date wouldn't do..even though the loan is coming from a goverment organisation.. However the bank manager may be a convert and wants to see the car when I do get it:D.
I'm now on day 6, worst case scenario so on that basis I should have the car by the 24th. if they keep it for me.