Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot Back as 4k Option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to have another thread on this topic but I just do not see value in the ability to have traffic light and stop sign control, or auto steer on city streets. EAP is exactly what I would have wanted from FSD so I think this $4k upgrade option makes sense. I cannot think of what they could add to FSD in the future to justify the additional cosT over just upgrading to EAP.

Interesting... I take delivery in just under 5 hours so I will inquire with advisor; this may be my first accessory because I am just not mentally ready to hand over city street navigation and stoplight/sign control to a vehicle but EAP for only ~$4k may be worth it.
Same here.

Interestingly, I don't see EAP as an option when you configure a new order. Either the site hasn't been updated or they are forcing buyers to choose between paying upfront for FSD (and amortizing the $8K over their lease or loan) and getting the car AP-only, then adding EAP and FSD through the app incrementally (and forking over the $4K and $5K in a lump sum).

EAP is indeed on my app after delivery today.

E03C78A2-9AAD-484B-BD87-9A1704C3143B.png

Same here.

Interestingly, I don't see EAP as an option when you configure a new order. Either the site hasn't been updated or they are forcing buyers to choose between paying upfront for FSD (and amortizing the $8K over their lease or loan) and getting the car AP-only, then adding EAP and FSD through the app incrementally (and forking over the $4K and $5K in a lump sum).
Same with me. I take delivery this week and I currently don’t have an Enhanced Autopilot option.

It's a garbage option.

When I bought my car after the AP price drop, I picked up AP for $3000. It was another $5000 for FSD. Total of 8k.

Earlier, when EAP was around, EAP was $5k, and FSD was a 3k upgrade, total of 8k.

So if I paid 3k for AP, paying 4k more for EAP is 7k total. Not a good deal.

If AP+FSD wasn't worth it last year for 8k, getting EAP for 7k certainly isn't either. Especially when you factor in that it doesn't transfer from your car. So my car has almost 2 years less lifespan on it, which means 2 years less usage.

And that's why FSD got a price drop for the EAP adopters - it didn't make sense for them to pay 5k for EAP and then 5k for FSD (10k total).

Last edited: