Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced autopilot features now FSD-only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid $60,500 for my configuration with EAP. That same configuration is now $57,500 with FULL SELF DRIVING. To get that same FSD I have to pay $5k - $7k additional making it a $8K - $10k difference.

Hell, they should give the early adopters the FSD upgrade for $1k or whatever the new computer costs. Everyone would agree that cars today are a better quality and ~$7k cheaper for the same thing.

Yes, I have free data but what am I missing here?

PS: I do love my car and am happy with what I paid. Like buying from an ICE car dealership, I hate seeing someone get a better deal then me.

Reactions: fseir and burnside
I paid $60,500 for my configuration with EAP. That same configuration is now $57,500 with FULL SELF DRIVING. To get that same FSD I have to pay $5k - $7k additional making it a $8K - $10k difference.

Hell, they should give the early adopters the FSD upgrade for $1k or whatever the new computer costs. Everyone would agree that cars today are a better quality and ~$7k cheaper for the same thing.

PS: I do love my car and am happy with what I paid. Like buying from an ICE car dealership, I hate seeing someone get a better deal then me.

I'm seeing you paying $750 less.

$60,500 - $7500 = $53,000
$57,500 - $3750 = $53,750

For FSD I would hold off to see what the price will be.

My bet is that it will be $3K for you to upgrade.

I paid $8K for EAP+FSD when I bought last year.
New people have to pay $8K

It's still REALLY far from FSD so all of us are early adopters whether we bought last year or this year. So I think $3K is a reasonable upgrade price.

I don’t like the change to AP pricing. I’d rather pay $5K for the current features EAP offers than $3K for basic cruise control or $8K for FSD. Cruise control on most cars is either included in the base model or a few hundred dollars option. Charging $3K is ridiculous.

Completely agree, I was about to purchase yesterday. I would rather have had the old structure.

Reactions: Perry

Tax credit.

Reactions: wupcwww
Wait, so things that previously came for free, are now part of the Autopilot package for $3000. The Enhanced Autopilot Package that was previously 5K, now is called Full Self Driving and costs $5000. They promise that this new FSD will recognize lights and signs.

So a couple of questions:
1. People who previously bought Full Self Driving - what are they going to get?
2. People who previously bought EAP - what are they going to get? Are they going to stop getting new updates?

Wait, so things that previously came for free, are now part of the Autopilot package for $3000. The Enhanced Autopilot Package that was previously 5K, now is called Full Self Driving and costs $5000. They promise that this new FSD will recognize lights and signs.

So a couple of questions:
1. People who previously bought Full Self Driving - what are they going to get?
2. People who previously bought EAP - what are they going to get? Are they going to stop getting new updates?

Sigh.

The price of both packages together hasn't changed ($8k at time of purchase). if you bought EAP ($5k) before today you got TACC, autosteer, NOA, autopark and summon. If you buy AP after today ($3k), you get TACC and autosteer. If you bought FSD already, you will get the exact same thing as someone who buys FSD tomorrow.

Sigh.

The price of both packages together hasn't changed ($8k at time of purchase). if you bought EAP ($5k) before today you got TACC, autosteer, NOA, autopark and summon. If you buy AP after today ($3k), you get TACC and autosteer. If you bought FSD already, you will get the exact same thing as someone who buys FSD tomorrow.

Sorry, I don't get it. What is the difference between someone who in July 2018 bought EAP ($5000) and someone who in July 2019 bought EAP + FSD ($8000)?

It seems like a person who buys AP + FSD in March 2019 ($8000) will get the same things as the person who bought EAP ($5000) in July 2018.

Sorry, I don't get it. What is the difference between someone who in July 2018 bought EAP ($5000) and someone who in July 2019 bought EAP + FSD ($8000)?

It seems like a person who buys AP + FSD in March 2019 ($8000) will get the same things as the person who bought EAP ($5000) in July 2018.

The person who buys AP + FSD in 3/2019 will also get the stop sign and traffic light recognition and full autonomy if those features ever happen, plus the upgraded autopilot computer.

Reading traffic lights and stops signs seem to be the line as of right now.