Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entitled at the supercharger

Is this driver

• Entitled?

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Very entitled?

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • [redacted]?

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what's entitled. I parked to charge with an empty stall next to me. Left and got a notification that charging was interrupted to my car. i went back out and saw a model 3 parked next to me. The little *sugar* disengaged my charger so he could get more power between the shared stalls

We've seen reports before.

1) Get your priority back.
2) Get a blank white piece of paper.
3) Write on it "<Their plate number> = SELFISH DOUCHEBAG" in large solid black letters.
4) Stand by the the side of their car and hold the piece of paper in front of their camera.

Maybe they'll get the message via Sentry mode.

In the OP's photo case there's three possibilities:
1) Jerk
2) Desperate for the bathroom.
3) Jerk desperate for the bathroom.

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
Two nights ago I tried that, the green went to blue, but the plug wouldn't come out. Went back to house, got key, came out fine.

I fell into this way of thinking as well. What he was actually saying is when you interrupt the charging process (the green to blue light that you mentioned) that the priority goes to the second car plugged into that same circuit. Doesn't necessarily need to fully unplug in order to affect the charging priority.

The parking done in the OP looks like it could be an honest mistake. The lines are mostly obscured as someone would back in, and they may only realize it once parked. The mirrors on the S are not very big, and visibility is poor. I am pretty adept at backing into parking spots from driving my truck that is bigger than the S, but the S still has me second guessing my placement unless the open spot is flanked by cars.

That perpendicular parking job, forgetaboutit.

Reactions: Ciaopec
It happen to me a couple of times. Both occasions I explained to the fellow Tesla driver about stalls sharing, they did not know about the issue. Both of them thanked me very much and immediately moved to another stall.

I would say that over the last 2 years of ownership and Supercharging, this has happened to me well over a dozen times. And as you did, I ALWAYS get out and explain the quirks of the SC system and especially when I let them know that it will hurt them more than me, as I will still get the lions share of the power, all of them have been quite thankful that I took the time to explain it to them and they move.

An aside to this, I had a sister-in-law comment to me once that it was quite evident that Tesla owners were quite worried about door dings, etc. because they always left a space open next to them when possible. Another teachable moment. :)

Reactions: Ciaopec and f205v
I don't interpret the situation as an entitled driver trying to take up multiple spots. but see it as a very bad parking job. The mark is that the wheels are turned aggressively and most good parkers would straighten out their wheels in the process (unless their parking on a slope or parallel parking).

As for interrupting someone's charging session to take over the priority power, there better be a damn dire reason for someone to do that with me being okay. It's clever that someone thought about that workaround, but it's so self-interested and violates the rules of decency. I wouldn't mind a blacklist where guilty parties have their Supercharger privileges suspended or revoked...they are ruining the system and experience.

The MOST GENEROUS INTERPRETATION POSSIBLE comes after seeing the absolutely abysmal parking that many of my fellow Tesla owners do. Maybe it's just a bad job parking?

Seriously though, the best comedy I've encountered recently is sitting while charging, watching people try to back in. Whose idea was it to make us back in? GENIUS!
And then there’s this. This lady backed into a pull in spot. Sometimes people amaze me with their stupidity.

E335E0DB-C395-45C3-9634-2818DB8C9C33.jpeg

It happen to me a couple of times. Both occasions I explained to the fellow Tesla driver about stalls sharing, they did not know about the issue. Both of them thanked me very much and immediately moved to another stall.

Yeah, in hindsight my writing skills made come across like I had a problem with it, but I agree, I'd say something from an educational standpoint because I agree that not everybody knows about the shared stalls... plus there are a lot of new owners out there.

Reactions: akhafagi and f205v
You think that is entitled? That's just bad parking, possibly due to the snow.

This is an entitled:
View attachment 490029
I happened to charge at that location (in the middle of nowhere in Kansas on I-70) and talked to a fellow who was upset that someone posted a picture of him taking up 3 stalls! When I asked why he did that he said because it was easier than backing in. :rolleyes:

That said, for all that read this - it is a dick move when the Supercharger has plenty of room and you pull in right next to someone else charging. That happened to me the other day... and I just shot the guy a look and moved on. Didn't really say anything, but regretted not.
This happened once with me. I unplugged and went to another stall. It is no convenient for sure.

That said, for all that read this - it is a dick move when the Supercharger has plenty of room and you pull in right next to someone else charging. That happened to me the other day... and I just shot the guy a look and moved on. Didn't really say anything, but regretted not.

A lot of the superchargers near me are configured with “A” banks and “B” banks (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B). So the guy parked 4 spots over is actually sharing my charger. If he was next to me, we would be on our own stalls. Makes it hard to figure out which stall isn’t shared when you first pull up. So in those configs it is better to park next to the fellow already there.

We've seen reports before.

1) Get your priority back.
2) Get a blank white piece of paper.
3) Write on it "<Their plate number> = SELFISH DOUCHEBAG" in large solid black letters.
4) Stand by the the side of their car and hold the piece of paper in front of their camera.
How do you know which car is the douche when all stall are taken which is usually when folks are interested in taking a priority?

Maybe they'll get the message via Sentry mode.

In the OP's photo case there's three possibilities:
1) Jerk
2) Desperate for the bathroom.
3) Jerk desperate for the bathroom.
There was no desperation. This was her second take at parking. The first one was better but she didn't want to back in enough for the cord to reach so she decided it is better to angle it.

This happened once with me. I unplugged and went to another stall. It is no convenient for sure.

With as many new drivers as there are, I think it would be beneficial to approach this in a friendly manner (as one of the later posts suggest) and just help educate people. I have been trying to do this since 2016 ( I am a new guy) but many people have only a passing knowledge of both the car and charging. The more everyone knows and understands, the better it is for all of us. JMHO

A lot of the superchargers near me are configured with “A” banks and “B” banks (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B). So the guy parked 4 spots over is actually sharing my charger. If he was next to me, we would be on our own stalls. Makes it hard to figure out which stall isn’t shared when you first pull up. So in those configs it is better to park next to the fellow already there.

It's the numbers that share, not the A/B. So some Superchargers have the 1A/1B next to each other, and others don't.