Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Epic Fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that the problem seems similar to yours M3. I’m not sure I can fit the S in my Garage to charge it but at least it has a long cable. The S is definitely less fun on the country roads.

Hey, if we're talking "proper" country roads even the M3 is a giant... the S would require extreme care. (You'd have a job catching a 1960s Mini Cooper with any Tesla on some of the roads round here!)

All kind words very much appreciated.

The steering is locked solid so I don’t think I could get it round a corner.

If it did happen to my wife she would not drive it again. Soonest a Tesla Recovery can get to me is tomorrow morning so car abandoned for the night. They will be picking the car up and providing me with a rental tomorrow.

I’m hoping as that its a quick fix. The car will be taken to Edinburgh....the sooner an Aberdeen Service centre opens the better.

I’m a big Tesla fan, but these issues can test your faith
I had my breaking asist turned of with my qashqai very un nerving as the day before it had saved me rearending someone who braked suddenly going downhill. I was already breaking but it took over.
We learn to rely on systems to the point the car now won't even let us drive without them lol

OK my M3P is back fixed. It took a week and never have I missed a car more. The problem was water ingress into a poorly sealed connection so replacement installed and all good. Edinburgh Tesla fixed my warranty issues at the same time. I picked up the car from a driver at the Dundee superchargers. Car returned cleaned and spotless. So A+ on customer service.
I also just got my M3 back today with exactly the same fault repaired. Your turnaround was much quicker than mine despite being towed from Aberdeen whereas I was towed around 10 miles and days earlier. Out of interest what warranty issues have you had?

Warrenty issues were minor. Spoiler coming away, weird paint issue which turned out to be some melted plastic protection and a badly affixed underside rocker cover. The S is good but the 3 is a much more sorted car. Very pleased to have her back. 5 years of service free motoring now please

Reactions: chewystuey
OK my M3P is back fixed. It took a week and never have I missed a car more. The problem was water ingress into a poorly sealed connection so replacement installed and all good. Edinburgh Tesla fixed my warranty issues at the same time. I picked up the car from a driver at the Dundee superchargers. Car returned cleaned and spotless. So A+ on customer service.
Water related issues seem to be a bit of a theme for the M3:
water in the boot lid
leaking boot seals
leaking charge port (into boot)
puddles damaging the aero panels
windscreen wipes that don't deal well with UK conditions
condensation in lights
water running into boot when you open the boot lid

It's almost like the desert dwellers in Fremont didn't have water as their number one priority!

I hear ya ! I think water proofing needs to be a priority for them. My car is garaged every night as well. It has felt like living underwater this winter but cars should be designed to cope with rain every day for 10 years. Hopefully the fix sorts it once and for all.

Reactions: MrBadger
What exactly was replaced?

Reactions: cwerdna