Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated delivery date- where is it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We configured this week and received our Purchase Agreement, which includes the pertinent details of our order. We can’t find an estimated delivery date, or window of delivery anywhere in the documents or on our account page, even though this is part of the Agreement-
“The estimated delivery date of your Vehicle indicated in this Agreement is an estimate only and is not a guarantee of when your Vehicle will actually be delivered.”

Three to 6 weeks delivery is consistently quoted by recent configurers, but where are you getting that information?

Thank you for any insight.

3-6 weeks was what I saw when I ordered a week ago on one of the early screens of the order page. If you were like me, you blew through those pages in a euphoric fury, so it was easy to miss. Beyond that, there doesn't seem to be any way of guessing when you'll get your car. From what I can tell, you should have a VIN assigned within the next few weeks that will appear on your MyTesla page, and from that point or shortly thereafter, you should be able to narrow down more precisely when your delivery day should be.

Reactions: trojaneen
3-6 weeks was what I saw when I ordered a week ago on one of the early screens of the order page. If you were like me, you blew through those pages in a euphoric fury, so it was easy to miss. Beyond that, there doesn't seem to be any way of guessing when you'll get your car. From what I can tell, you should have a VIN assigned within the next few weeks that will appear on your MyTesla page, and from that point or shortly thereafter, you should be able to narrow down more precisely when your delivery day should be.

Thank you, Foxhound199. Euphoric fury is the perfect description of our ordering process. You are undoubtedly correct that I blew past the delivery window in my frenzy. I appreciate your insight.

To any of you who are anxiously awaiting the configuration process, you will need copies of: driver’s license from all registered parties- front and back; insurance card, insurance agent’s name and contact info. We took photos of everything on our phones and uploaded them quite easily.

• Informative
Reactions: astrothad
To any of you who are anxiously awaiting the configuration process, you will need copies of: driver’s license from all registered parties- front and back; insurance card, insurance agent’s name and contact info. We took photos of everything on our phones and uploaded them quite easily.

Curious about what you mean by registered parties. Is it anyone connected with the Tesla account or who will registered d rivers of the call will be?

Also, will the $2500 non-refundable payment kick off the production process? With the information/copies you listed above be required by the time of pickup or during the configuration placement time?

Thanks.

Curious about what you mean by registered parties. Is it anyone connected with the Tesla account or who will registered d rivers of the call will be?

Also, will the $2500 non-refundable payment kick off the production process? With the information/copies you listed above be required by the time of pickup or during the configuration placement time?

Thanks.

Marsnault, registered owners refers to the individuals on the registration documentation. My husband and I will both be on the title, so they needed a drivers license from both of us.

I believe, but am not positive, that the $2,500 deposit puts you in line for delivery. The other documentation was essential pick up the car, but not necessary to be completed immediately. I’m not sure if they will need to verify the same documents when we get delivery.

Reactions: Marsnaut
Marsnault, registered owners refers to the individuals on the registration documentation. My husband and I will both be on the title, so they needed a drivers license from both of us.

I believe, but am not positive, that the $2,500 deposit puts you in line for delivery. The other documentation was essential pick up the car, but not necessary to be completed immediately. I’m not sure if they will need to verify the same documents when we get delivery.

I’ve come to learn that uploading all the documentation isn’t necessary to complete the order, but it sure made it seem that way.