Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Estimated Delivery" disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey group, Tesla first timer here. Sorry if this is a common occurrence or an easy answer but I haven't found the answer yet

So two things happened today I'm trying to make sense of:

#1 I got a text today saying that my MY will be ready for delivery in 4-6 weeks from today.

"Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 4 - 6 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this time frame is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. Please visit tesla.com/deliveryday for more information or reply to this text with any questions."

This is actually outside of my original delivery estimate because when I ordered my MY, it said 4-8 weeks starting mid-October. This week is my 5th week, meaning that this new estimate is actually just outside of my max window.

The text itself says it's an estimate but is this something that's fairly accurate?

#2 My estimated delivery from my Account/Manage page disappeared.

On the Estimated Delivery, it used to say 4-8 weeks from the day you ordered but after I got the text mentioned above, the time window disappeared and now looks like this.

Estimated delivery
-
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Individually and/or collectively, do these two things mean anything? I'm actually changing addresses soon so I'm kinda hoping the stars align for an easy move and a sooner rather than later pickup of my MY.

Thanks!
I had the exact same experience. I received the automated text, I guess the good news is the text said 2-4 weeks, which is still within my original window of 4-8. I ordered 11/2, LR AWD, Midnight Silver, black, Tow Hitch. Now my Manage removed the Delivery Window estimate as well.

I very much think Tesla will make good on their originally quoted timeframe, so with that I'm very happy and look forward to my delivery.
I think we need to enjoy the process, and of course enjoy the beautiful car upon arrival. :D

My original quote was 5-9 weeks (ordered on 9/12). I hit 10 weeks this past weekend.

Last week I got the same auto text as everyone else, which for me said my car would be built in 2-4 weeks from the text. Given that it will take about 2 weeks to get the car to my SC on the east coast, that will put my delivery at 14-16 weeks from my order.

I'm not sure what about that level of error I'm supposed to take enjoyment in...

My original quote was 5-9 weeks (ordered on 9/12). I hit 10 weeks this past weekend.

Last week I got the same auto text as everyone else, which for me said my car would be built in 2-4 weeks from the text. Given that it will take about 2 weeks to get the car to my SC on the east coast, that will put my delivery at 14-16 weeks from my order.

I'm not sure what about that level of error I'm supposed to take enjoyment in...

Let me guess, MYP with Tow Hitch? I ordered 9-11 and also have not gotten a VIN. When I ordered the online lead time for my configuration showed 2-3 weeks, The order confirmation text showed 6-10 and now based on the text it shows another 2-4 weeks. If Tesla at least would let their customers know what the issue is that would be one thing, not informing your customers is just embarrassing. They need to pull their head out of their ass and learn how to do customer service correctly or the next few years will be a very big problem for them. I would readily buy and equivalent car from a different make at this point if available. Right now that is not an option so I will wait and enjoy what I get but that is a highly temporary situation. Eventually competition will correct these issues.

Reactions: Oofie810
I ordered a MY LR with hitch on 10/6. Window then was 3-7 weeks. I am at 7 weeks tomorrow and have heard nothing further. Got the same text saying 2-4 more weeks, last week. Estimated delivery also gone from my page. Frustrating, but at least we are getting 2021's with better glass and who knows what else? I am still hoping to get it before the end of the year as we had a road trip planned for early January from WI to FL. Fingers crossed.

Let me guess, MYP with Tow Hitch? I ordered 9-11 and also have not gotten a VIN. When I ordered the online lead time for my configuration showed 2-3 weeks, The order confirmation text showed 6-10 and now based on the text it shows another 2-4 weeks. If Tesla at least would let their customers know what the issue is that would be one thing, not informing your customers is just embarrassing. They need to pull their head out of their ass and learn how to do customer service correctly or the next few years will be a very big problem for them. I would readily buy and equivalent car from a different make at this point if available. Right now that is not an option so I will wait and enjoy what I get but that is a highly temporary situation. Eventually competition will correct these issues.

AWD!!!! There is no reason in the universe that my order should have taken this long. Tesla's ordering process is obtuse and annoying, lol.

• Disagree
Reactions: coconutboy84
AWD!!!! There is no reason in the universe that my order should have taken this long. Tesla's ordering process is obtuse and annoying, lol.

Something ain't right there. What does your delivery location tell you when you phone them? Based on the spreadsheet all the AWD LRs from that order time are delivered. Are you sure you are not missing something on the finance/registration or insurance side?

Something ain't right there. What does your delivery location tell you when you phone them? Based on the spreadsheet all the AWD LRs from that order time are delivered. Are you sure you are not missing something on the finance/registration or insurance side?

Positive. I've never actually spoken to my SA- we've just texted back and forth. When I've called my service center, I've never been able to get a person to pick up the phone, and they've never returned a message (I think I gave up after my third attempt). But based on the texts, she said that there's nothing wrong with my account. I got suspicious after- I don't know- 6 weeks, and went to chat on the Tesla web site with an agent there. They said the same thing- nothing wrong with my account, no insight as to why my order was taking so long.

I hope I love the car as much as everyone says I will because Tesla's customer service is awful.

Positive. I've never actually spoken to my SA- we've just texted back and forth. When I've called my service center, I've never been able to get a person to pick up the phone, and they've never returned a message (I think I gave up after my third attempt). But based on the texts, she said that there's nothing wrong with my account. I got suspicious after- I don't know- 6 weeks, and went to chat on the Tesla web site with an agent there. They said the same thing- nothing wrong with my account, no insight as to why my order was taking so long.

I hope I love the car as much as everyone says I will because Tesla's customer service is awful.

Just call any of the sales locations in your area. I think it's press 3 for sales, phone number is in Google maps. They can at least check for you. They also always pick up.