Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EU P-3 was delivered the same day the same time in another German city. I just did not find the time to post since! ;-) Volker and Volker had a Model S-to-Model S phone call later that day. Sound quality was good, the new-car excitement was even better (and still is, at least for me).
azeqemaj.jpg

Congrats boys, I'm not too far away with my P441...

The European standard is Type2. J1772 is a foreign standard, which over time will disappear from the European marketplace. (I wonder when Nissan will update the Leaf with a Type2 connector instead of a J1772 connector?)

There is no point in fitting a Type 2 connector to a car with a single phase charger. No advantage whatsoever over the Type 1 connector. The only difference is that you carry a Type 2-Type 1 cable instead of a Type 2-Type 2. The former cable should also be cheaper and thinners as it needs fewer wires (of course it is possible to make a single phase Type 2-Type 2 cable also but I have not seen any).

There is no point in fitting a Type 2 connector to a car with a single phase charger. No advantage whatsoever over the Type 1 connector. The only difference is that you carry a Type 2-Type 1 cable instead of a Type 2-Type 2. The former cable should also be cheaper and thinners as it needs fewer wires (of course it is possible to make a single phase Type 2-Type 2 cable also but I have not seen any).

Fair point.

When will the Leaf come with 3-phase charging? :)

Wow, just discovered that I'm in production too now!!! Originally Tesla had told me to expect to enter in production late December or early January which would mean I got pulled ahead almost two months got to call Tesla on Monday (doubt anyone's there during weekends) to double check and find out what the delivery date is. Woot woot! Just sold my old car today so this is excellent news

Well I got through to Tesla today to the regular guy who has been keeping tabs on my order. The In Production change is for real, it means that my cars components have now all been sourced and reserved and it's waiting in the production sequencing queue to enter actual production. What this seems to mean is that some supplier issue was resolved and a lot of cars got their parts sourced and assigned and now it's just the batching and queueing on the factory floor that determines when the car is finished. He still gave me a January 2014 delivery estimate, but considering the car is waiting to enter assembly and that takes 3-5 days add to it shipping for 45 days (that's what he said) and a week at Tilburg we're looking at two months and in two months it's January :) So any EU order that changed to production now is likely to be delivered in January.

Interesting... they are building mine as well, although I have requested delivery in March and not in January as first scheduled. They confirmed March, so are they gonna let the car stay in storage at the factory or somewhere else? (P25145).

Last time I had about 2 months between "Building your Model S" and delivery.

Interesting... they are building mine as well, although I have requested delivery in March and not in January as first scheduled. They confirmed March, so are they gonna let the car stay in storage at the factory or somewhere else? (P25145)

Well that's interesting. I think they just have secured the supply for your car and for March delivery they need the car ready around January so it's not that long away. But I'd recommend calling Tesla and asking what exactly does it mean in your case.