Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Swedish Tesla said delay if change the config to the new config. Not even sure they have the new options in production yet. Like red calipers is currently just Eurocomfig. So prepare for a delay. I dont touch my config. Cheaper and no delay. Foglights is something i use maybe one time per year but not needed even then. Red calipers is easy to fix if needed. Still brembo so... I will check the afterdelivery mod for powerfolding mirrors. If the price is ok consider it. Dont use it often on my X5 that is even wider than the tesla if measuring the end of the mirrors...

Yes, and you can do it retrofit for all 3 you "like" (Red Calipers, folding mirrors and fog light).
I asked Tesla, they told me that is possible, no problems. Cost maybe 1,5 the original price... so 750 for fog light and folding mirrors/red calipers don't know as there is no prices.

Red calipers are just covers, so that might not be too expensive...

ferrosilvio: If you have a 4500 Euro price drop, than you probably didn't add all the stuff which was standard in the previous price list and which is now optional.
Then again, if you don't need any of that stuff, you can indeed do a very good deal!

What is your configuration?
You can always ask Tesla to switch to the new price list. That has never been a problem so far as long as your car is not built yet, afaik. Just give them a call.

ferrosilvio: If you have a 4500 Euro price drop, than you probably didn't add all the stuff which was standard in the previous price list and which is now optional.
Then again, if you don't need any of that stuff, you can indeed do a very good deal!

What is your configuration?

Model S 85 Kw - Metalic paint - 19 inch wheels - leather interior - piano lack interior - twin chargers - tech package - parking sensors - active air sups- lighting pack - parcel shelf.
Incl destination and doc fee : 95150 euro Please check, but I get 90840 (+440 fee).

Or is leather interior more then leather seats? If the leather interior is included, there is a difference of 1500 euro (and no folding mirrors).

You can always ask Tesla to switch to the new price list. That has never been a problem so far as long as your car is not built yet, afaik. Just give them a call.

d\\

As I understand it you have to check this box to get the leather seats (without the Alcantara inserts):

leather_seats.png

And this box for leather on the [see bullet points below…]:

extended.png

Source: Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors

As chrisdl said above – just give Tesla a call.

If its a 85 and not p85 this could be right... In p85 leather, airsuspension, carbon interior was standard and is now extra. Plus many options raised a lot like pano, stereo, childrenseats, internal light etc. My car would be 6000 Euro more expensive now.

you can change the order... As its just ten days should not affect deliver very much...

leather performance seats was standard on a P85 before the update. Yes now its an option. Performance as in alacantra/leather combo. Not the new performance seats... Ha ha!

Last edited:
Did compare the baseprice of the P85 before the change. Its like 4400 USD cheaper baseconfig with the new price but without carbon interior, air suspension and leatherseats... But if adding carbon, leatherseats and airsuspension its 1000 USD more expensive. And as said compared to an all in P85+ before the change its 5000 USD more expensive with the new price. To me this is a price increase for everyone that want equipment... For clean cars sure its lower but...

There was a generic e-mail today that Tesla adjusted prices in various regions because of currency exchange differences since the pricelist originally went up and that they unbundled the options now including introducing new ones. The claim is that pretty much everywhere it went cheaper except in sweden and norway where it got more expensive. You guys just didn't luck out because of your own currencies ;)

But for ferrosilvo I'd recommend calling Tesla and asking for the change. I got a call from Tesla about my change request and for me it might introduce a delay up to 2 months. For you as you only confirmed 10 days ago I doubt it'd have any material impact on your delivery estimate so go for it. The guy I called went on holiday today so I need to find someone else to confirm IF the change will introduce a delay or not...

Read again... 3% cheaper in sweden. 5% in other countries. Inceease in norway. But again they removed options and increased the price of many options. Almost 50% increaee for some options... The later the same in all regions. So this is smart marketing if you dont go for a stripped car and how fun is that???

- - - Updated - - -

Actually happy they increased the all up price with options as my car do have the old price. 7000 USD cheaper than if i ordered the same today. For red paint on the calipers, couple of cm of alacantra around the pano and powerfolding mirrors that I will retrofit anyways? Well Im happy. Just annoyed that the art of increasing prices and making it look like lowering prices is going on... ;-)

ferrosilvio: You are right. It is 90.840 currently, which indicates that your car is almost 4500 euro less than the original price you posted! Don't doubt and quickly have Tesla change your order to a new one. Shouldn't be any issue and you can buy yourself something fancy with the 4500 you save! (Plus you even get the power folding mirrors!)

Comparison with old prices:
* S85 base price: -4150 Euro
* metallic paint: -50 Euro
* leather seats: -100 Euro
* tech pack: -250 Euro
* twin chargers: -100 Euro
* air suspension: -100 Euro
* parking sensors: -50 Euro
* lighting pack: +550 Euro
* parcel shelf: -50 Euro
Total difference: -4250 Euro

Seems that the only option you took that became more expensive is the lighting pack (before 450 Euro, now a whopping 1000 Euro).

- - - Updated - - -

Now the same calculation for my own car:
* P85 base price: -5150 Euro
* multi-coat paint: -100 Euro
* pano roof: +900 Euro
* performance seats: +2500 Euro (used to be included)
* carbon fiber decor: +800 Euro (used to be included)
* tech package: -250 Euro
* air suspension: +2200 Euro (used to be included)
* parking sensors: -50 Euro
* sound system: +1450 Euro
* sub zero pack: -50 Euro
* extended nappa: +2500 Euro (used to be included... I think, because it used to say "extensive leather throughout")
* lighting pack: +550 Euro
* parcel shelf: -50 Euro
Total: +5250 Euro

I guess I'm not going to have red brake calipers and power folding mirrors :crying:

I just checked my config and it is almost 3k cheaper with the new prices.

My car is ready for delivery next week though, and Tesla is not willing to make any price adjustments.

If the price would have been 3k higher with the new prices, would you have been willing to pay more if Tesla asked you to? I guess not. Why do you expect them to do what you would not be willing to do?

And the cars have not become cheaper for every configuration, many have actually become more expensive. So should Tesla only give money back to those people whose configuration would be cheaper now and not ask more money from people whose configuration is more expensive now? You can't have it both ways.

By the way: Tesla was able to lower the base price for new orders because of exchange rate developments (euro becoming stronger). At the moment you placed your order, they probably hedged the amount against a negative exchange rate development. So they 'locked in' the exchange rate for your car, by paying a premium. This way Tesla insulated itself against exchange rate developments that would have made them lose money on your car. But at the same time this hedge limited any potential for Tesla to make more money on your car. So therefore they cannot give you a discount now.

Last edited:
If the price would have been 3k higher with the new prices, would you have been willing to pay more if Tesla asked you to? I guess not. Why do you expect them to do what you would not be willing to do?

And the cars have not become cheaper for every configuration, many have actually become more expensive. So should Tesla only give money back to those people whose configuration would be cheaper now and not ask more money from people whose configuration is more expensive now? You can't have it both ways.

By the way: Tesla was able to lower the base price for new orders because of exchange rate developments (euro becoming stronger). At the moment you placed your order, they probably hedged the amount against a negative exchange rate development. So they 'locked in' the exchange rate for your car, by paying a premium. This way Tesla insulated itself against exchange rate developments that would have made them lose money on your car. But at the same time this hedge limited any potential for Tesla to make more money on your car. So therefore they cannot give you a discount now.

What happened to "the customer is always right"?

It doesn't hurt to ask, worst case you get a negative answer.

Usually a company would announce a promotional price for a limited amount of time in order to fill up the surplus production so that production lines get filled up, but since Tesla's production lines are already full, it would cause longer delays without necessarily guaranteeing sales (after all, a lot can happen in 6 months) and ultimately the consumers would be those who suffer...

This being Tesla though, I get the feeling that they're experimenting more with the market than your average car manufacturer, and it looks like they're about to "subconsciously" introduce a sales model where the longer you wait the less you pay, which to my mind is pretty fair as opposed to the more traditional model where a manufacturer would produce as much as they can and then sell the surplus at a lower price to "boost sales".

I hope I make sense...

I actually try to change my order to the new configurator, because my config is cheaper with it and my car is normally not produced yet. If accepted it will delay the delivery for approx 3 month, but I will wait because I added some options for the same price, it's interesting.

First of all. Ordering a car online is special. No negotiation, no "special" price. Second, I finalised my order early. If I waited 10 more days I could just cancel and order another.

If I did al this 2 months ago. I would say, my bad luck. But within the same week of the order? No normal car dealer could do that to me.

So tesla, telling everyone how great they are, shouldn't either.

Send a call back mail 3 days ago. But did not hear back. Today passed the Tesla Store in Brussels and went in to tell the story. They promised me to call me tonight. Because they also have to talk to The Netherlands. Think they will have the final say over this.

What at would it cost me to annul my order all togheter? I think less then 4500 euro.

hoping for the best.

Well getting excited. It seems an Estonian ordered two Model S's for himself and his business partner in 2012 and the cars have arrived in Tilburg, but his business partner jumped out on him so he's got a P85 in excess. Luckily for me the car is almost in identical configuration to mine (except for 21" rims and lack of twin charger). So I'm seriously contemplating giving my order away to someone who is just now ordering and allowing him/her to do a change to the config and get a delay which would maybe still be earlier than ordering outright right now. For me the expense would slightly go up because I'd need to get extra 19" rims for winter tires, but getting the car 2-3 months early might well be worth it :D Will know in a few days what can be done...