Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this picture of a Model X in Denmark, have they change the charge port for European cars?

View attachment 183841
Yup, the charge port can now open and close automatically. But I do have problems when using a supercharger that the handle cannot open the port. Others that have had this issue?

We have experienced this on every supercharger testet through Germany and Switzerland.

/Martin

:) I thought VIN numbers were assigned when you're car was assigned to production, and because you "only" confirmed on 28-06 I was guessing that your VIN number was supposed to be much higher. 116 is one of the first X's... Or is it 116XX ?

No Frank, the Founder's Edition have their own sequential number range, ending with F (Fremont) F (Founder) and XXXXX (5 digit sequential number, nothing to do with the general production number range):

FF00001 Elon Musk's Model X
FF00003 Steve Juvetson (Venture Capitalist and Board Member of Tesla)
FF00004 Sergey Brin (Co-Founder Google, President ALPHABET)
FF00006 Mark Templeton (CEO Citrix)
FF00010 Jen-Hsun (CEO Nvidia)
FF00013 Chamath Palihapitiya (Early Face book employee)
FF00016 Tony Hsieh (CEO Zappos)
FF00116 Zero Emissions

And Founder's Editions get a special production slot (jumping the queue), that's why there is just a very short period between order and production.
I expect production start of my Founder's Edition within the next two weeks and delivery by end of August the latest (max. 2 months between order and delivery).

Last edited by a moderator:
And Founder's Editions get a special production slot (jumping the queue), that's why there is just a very short period between order and production.
I expect production start of my Founder's Edition within the next two weeks and delivery by end of August the latest (max. 2 months between order and delivery).

If the production starts middle of July, then I think it's unlikely you get it in August unless they airlift it in. The production itself with testing takes ~1 week and the shipping takes ~6 weeks. I got my car confirmed in April, got the VIN a few weeks ago and was told by DS that the production will start ~middle of July (i.e. around next week or so) and delivery can be expected middle of September. I have Tilburg pickup so there is no delay in intra-EU transfers. I doubt a founders car gets transported faster, most likely our cars will share the boat if indeed they get produced within a week of each other :)

• Disagree
Reactions: efusco
Wow @zeroemissions, Nice to know! Interesting stuff...I am curious when you are getting your Founders edition. Air might be possible, especially because of your "status" I presume....mine is about the be produced in the next week...and will have to wait after the boat arrives :)

But this does not apply to cars going to either Norway or Switzerland since they are not part of the EU. Cars to Norway goes as far as I remember directly to Norway. If they were to enter EU first they would be added with EU customs tax for exporting to Norway...

Regarding the chargeport opener. I found it more or less random if it would open on a SuC in Europe. Just like on our Model S. Sometimes the button works, sometimes not. Depends more on the health of the handle on the SuC...

BTW: There are 6 founders delivered to Denmark.

Reactions: Jaro73