Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Teslas Facebook page the first deliveries have started in Denmark

image.jpeg

We took delivery of our new Solid black X90D today at Tesla servicecenter in Aarhus Denmark. The pictures says it all. Well the color and the 90D is correct. Everything else is wrong...

IMG_1457.jpg

Our X90D went straight back into the shop. Driver front door did not work at all...

Our X90D went straight back into the shop. Driver front door did not work at all...

Sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how much you were looking forward to receiving the X, being one of the early reservation holders. I am also very much looking forward to taking delivery myself.

On the bright side, Tesla did its utmost to deliver the cars before the apocalyptic New Danish Tax Date of 1 July. That makes it more understandable why they might have skipped some QA tests that normally should have detected (and fixed) the malfunctioning front door.

Hope they'll be able to fix it soon so you can enjoy your X!

Sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how much you were looking forward to receiving the X, being one of the early reservation holders. I am also very much looking forward to taking delivery myself.

On the bright side, Tesla did its utmost to deliver the cars before the apocalyptic New Danish Tax Date of 1 July. That makes it more understandable why they might have skipped some QA tests that normally should have detected (and fixed) the malfunctioning front door.

We got our Model X about 9 hours later when they had fixed the broken door. Now the problem is the car alarm goes off every time the car feels lonely. And this feeling comes avery 15-20 minutes. So we had to disable the car alarm and are going back to the service center on monday.

Quite funny though, we called the Tesla hotline when the problem first occurred:
Tesla: "Can I have you VIN number"
Me: "yes 6885"
Tesla: "Sorry, this is an incorrect VIN Number"
Me: "No the last digits are 6885"
Tesla: "Must be 6 digit"
Me "oh, sorry 006558"
Tesla: long silence... then: You said this was a new car?"
Me: "Yes, Tesla Model X VIN 6558"
Tesla: "oooh... Model X, sorry you have to contact the service center in Denmark..."

But besides these small problem, THIS CAR IS SO COOL :)

We are already planning our road trip to Switzerland on Tuesday from Denmark through Germany to pick up our new Bernese Mountain dog to bring this home. So from Tuesday and forward it will be possible to spot a X90D on the A5 in Germany :)

/Martin

Reactions: ggnykk
We are already planning our road trip to Switzerland on Tuesday from Denmark through Germany to pick up our new Bernese Mountain dog to bring this home. So from Tuesday and forward it will be possible to spot a X90D on the A5 in Germany :)

/Martin

Have a gorgeous overwhelming trip!! (lucky you)
I live near the Supercharger Hirschberg/Germany (A5), between Frankfurt and Heidelberg. Maybe I'll see you travelling to Switzerland :)

Sounds awesome :) Cannot wait to take my X out in the wild asap. Wish you a great trip!!

We got our Model X about 9 hours later when they had fixed the broken door. Now the problem is the car alarm goes off every time the car feels lonely. And this feeling comes avery 15-20 minutes. So we had to disable the car alarm and are going back to the service center on monday.

Quite funny though, we called the Tesla hotline when the problem first occurred:
Tesla: "Can I have you VIN number"
Me: "yes 6885"
Tesla: "Sorry, this is an incorrect VIN Number"
Me: "No the last digits are 6885"
Tesla: "Must be 6 digit"
Me "oh, sorry 006558"
Tesla: long silence... then: You said this was a new car?"
Me: "Yes, Tesla Model X VIN 6558"
Tesla: "oooh... Model X, sorry you have to contact the service center in Denmark..."

/Martin

And I should be going in the other direction on Thursday evening as I should be taking delivery of my X at 2pm on Thursday at the Geneva SC. And will leave later same day to go on summer vacation in southern Sweden. With our three dogs. ......... Family flies....... I drive the new baby !!! :)

so maybe if you are heading back to Denmark on Thursday late afternoon we can convoy it.

And I should be going in the other direction on Thursday evening as I should be taking delivery of my X at 2pm on Thursday at the Geneva SC. And will leave later same day to go on summer vacation in southern Sweden. With our three dogs. ......... Family flies....... I drive the new baby !!! :)

so maybe if you are heading back to Denmark on Thursday late afternoon we can convoy it.

We will pick up the dog around Bern (have to have a Bernese Mountain dog from Bern :) ) early friday morning and heading back with first stop at Egerkingen (CH). And then lots and lots of stops within this 1200 km trip back to Denmark in one day to avoid any "accidents" inside the car with the little puppy. I expect 7 or more SuC stops on the way. Maybe not all needed, but both dog and kids will need the brakes ;-)

So I guess you will have a head start, and unless you spent more than one day through germany you will go through before us. But we do live almost next to the E45 and Randers SuC in Denmark, so you are welcome to drop by on your trip back if that goes through Denmark as well :)

/Martin

@kiefer. Sorry to hear about your problems. I thought you already been at Tesla in the morning but Morten looked as a question mark when I asked him and told me yours where the black one. Hope to meet you and Ida another time

Meanwhile
Now its time to post a link images from my delivery friday Model X Delivery — Postimage.org

The car is just amazing, everything is flawless in function. Only thing is the usual alignment is not par with german manufacturers, but I knew that before deciding to buy the thing. It is nonetheless much better than our Model S 2014.

Handling is amazing for a SUV and its more silent than our S. The skyview blows me away. Driving up to top speed is rocksteady. FWD works perfect and we can even open and get in the 2./3. row in our very narrow garage.

Any questions and I will be delighted to answer ;-)

Reactions: ggnykk

wasn't the new Danish tax on EV effective back in Jan of this year?

wasn't the new Danish tax on EV effective back in Jan of this year?

Yes. But there was an exception if you had a written and confirmed agreement with your dealer to purchase a car before the 8. of October last year. And if the car was delivered before first of July 2016.

Unfortunately the danish tax service does not recognize the reservation agreement as a confirmed and written agreement to purchase the car. So for the moment we are having a fight to get our 40.000 USD back from the tax service.

Our "low end" X90D was a more than 167.000 USD car due to the tax...
We took the base X90D and added only the tow hitch and 6 seats option, every other option was skipped to keep the price at a minimum.

We are planning to add the auto pilot since this is only 2700-3700 USD (depending of which country we choose to get it installed in) instead of the 4850 USD if we had added it from the beginning...