Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Numbers are not too encouraging but Tesla might get a boost from Germany and Switzerland. Also I heard China was huge this quarter.

Does anyone know how I can view the wiki on an iPhone? I can't scroll to the right and see the information for every country for every month.

upload_2017-1-3_14-44-57.png

The Netherlands - December 2016

I took care of that for you.

Sorry, not trying to steal anyone's thunder, just trying to get this out as soon as possible and I) saw Gene was from the US (so out foir a few more hours).

@hobbes what do you think about cross posting the overall status of European deliveries (i.e. 20 down from Q3) in the 2017 Investor roundtable / general thread? I think you should do that (as you did most of the math) as this is of general interest right now... I think we are looking at Europe delivering 4000-4200 cars tops.

Thanks. Just confirmed the numbers.

Current status with countries representing half of the Europe delivery totals in: Q4 is 87% of Q3. Last quarters deliveries were just below 25,000 worldwide, guided for just above 25,000 this Q, so we should have seen the same deliveries as last quarter. Hope US and Asia will make up for that...
Tesla Europe Registration Stats

Taken a rough overview of the last two years, Tesla demand in Europe has been surprisingly stable around 4000 with 2015Q4 the sole exception due to changes in Danish fiscal rules. It seems the introduction of the model X has not yet been structurally increased European demand. Hopefully as more X'es hit the road, word of mouth will start to function and we can see regular quarters of 6000 deliveries across Europe! At the same time, it's also a risk. Because if that demand doesn't materialise any delays in Model 3 may impact European demand for that car a lot more because of diminishing halo effects of the Tesla brand..

Just confirmed @Lesifass submission of 271 cars for Germany in Dec. Below the 377 from Sep, but still second highest monthly sales here ever.

Interesting and noteworthy that Tesla made it out of the "other manufacturers" number and is mentioned explicitely in the press release which always preceeds the detailed publication of numbers. Is this the first time?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
Taken a rough overview of the last two years, Tesla demand in Europe has been surprisingly stable around 4000 with 2015Q4 the sole exception due to changes in Danish fiscal rules. It seems the introduction of the model X has not yet been structurally increased European demand. Hopefully as more X'es hit the road, word of mouth will start to function and we can see regular quarters of 6000 deliveries across Europe! At the same time, it's also a risk. Because if that demand doesn't materialise any delays in Model 3 may impact European demand for that car a lot more because of diminishing halo effects of the Tesla brand..
The exchange rate movements (dollar going up against everything) have been a continuing drag on European sales, IMO.

Also submitted standard UK estimate for Dec (@Troy 's method): 427 (Dec "other imports" as reported by SMMT) minus 60 (Dec 2015 non-Tesla part of other imports as we know the Tesla number from then) is 367, pretty much the same as September's 370.
Added in the rest of Europe, some countries were actually ahead on publishing. Only France is missing, they should have published it yesterday, but are apparently a little "mediterranean" about the deadline.

ok, doing the "other countries as well" on the links provided in the guide. Here is what I have so far (all 2016 totals):
  • Luxemburg: 61 Teslas
  • Poland: no data available yet for 2016
  • Iceland: December file is out but I did not find Tesla... may need help from someone who knows that site better or speaks the language. google translate helped but still, Tesla was not listed in the PDF for the annual totals.
  • Romania: not available yet. November YTD was 7 - 2 S and 5 X (yes I opened every month)
  • Spain: not available yet
  • Estonia: 11 (7 S, 4 X) BTW we need to update the link... I managed to find it eventually: Sõidukite statistika
  • Slovenia: Not available yet (November YTD is 11 Model S)
  • Latvia: So December is not included yet (November YTD is 6), but the whole website is new and it took me a while with google translate, so this will be the second file on this link once December is included: Reģistrēto transportlīdzekļu skaits | Transportlīdzekļi | Statistika | CSDD
  • Ireland: 7 (all Model S)
  • Portugal: 0 (went through each month, searched the entire workbook)
My RSI says you're welcome. :)

ok, doing the "other countries as well" on the links provided in the guide. Here is what I have so far (all 2016 totals):
  • Luxemburg: 61 Teslas
  • Poland: no data available yet for 2016
  • Iceland: December file is out but I did not find Tesla... may need help from someone who knows that site better or speaks the language. google translate helped but still, Tesla was not listed in the PDF for the annual totals.
  • Romania: not available yet. November YTD was 7 - 2 S and 5 X (yes I opened every month)
  • Spain: not available yet
  • Estonia: 11 (7 S, 4 X) BTW we need to update the link... I managed to find it eventually: Sõidukite statistika
  • Slovenia: Not available yet (November YTD is 11 Model S)
  • Latvia: So December is not included yet (November YTD is 6), but the whole website is new and it took me a while with google translate, so this will be the second file on this link once December is included: Reģistrēto transportlīdzekļu skaits | Transportlīdzekļi | Statistika | CSDD
  • Ireland: 7 (all Model S)
  • Portugal: 0 (went through each month, searched the entire workbook)
My RSI says you're welcome. :)

Good job! Just confirmed everything. Apropos: You just earned a job on the wiki team (confirming numbers people submit). Ok?

Had to google the RSI: Repetitive Strain Injury if anyone else is wondering.

Edit: after this one, I have exactly one post more than you ;).

Maybe I can help:
-For France this article (La voiture électrique passe le cap des 20.000 immatriculations en 2016) says 120 MS for December and a total of 785 for 2016. The number for The X in December is not given but until November there were 81 X delivered in France (EV Sales: France).
For Spain, this page (EV Sales: Spain December 2016) gives us 22 MS delivered in December (best month so far), with a total of 46 for entire 2016. There were also 1 X delivered fora total of 9 for 2016.
For Portugal so far, we had 13 MS and 1 MX delivered until September by EV Sales: Portugal.

Good job! Just confirmed everything. Apropos: You just earned a job on the wiki team (confirming numbers people submit). Ok?

Had to google the RSI: Repetitive Strain Injury if anyone else is wondering.

Edit: after this one, I have exactly one post more than you ;).
Sure thing, happy to help! But just so we are clear, with this we are now equal in posts again! :p:p