Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@pvh - I was looking on my iPhone and couldn't see much, but now on a full browser this indeed seems to be an official Tesla map showing SuC's which are not know to us and not on the normal Tesla Suc Map - for instance, Bremen is on there, Combles in FR, Mogendorf also Hamburg - but these locations say "1 charging stall", so I suspect they're more "coming soon" than reality.

Might be giving us a real indication of what's next though...

I was indeed looking on my iPhone, bt now looking in Chrome on my PC, same.. no additional Italien SuC... Tried the Dutch link, also same... Now IE, same.... I also cannot select SuC, Service Center etc....

Last edited:
I have attached a screen-shot, with the "find us" page for comparison.

I do find it a bit bizarre that there's such a difference.

I also see an SuC planned at Folkestone - strange location, Ashford would have been better to cover both the ferries and Chunnel?

I think arg's speculation is correct, these are pending opening soon, as opposed to "soon".

Would be exciting if it's true as well finally bridge the Hamburg gap - I do find that void between Denmark and the rest of Europe as a matter for much head-scratching...
They are currently building a new SuperCharger in the South of the Netherlands and it's on none of those maps, so it seems the map is not very accurate.

Tesla reported Edinburg is open.

I've also heard Urmond, the Netherlands will go live this afternoon.

urmond.jpg

The permit process for permanent stations in France is long, so the temporary ones are there to fill the gap in the meantime.

Tesla have a publicly visible roadmap for new SuC's with roughly an 18 month timeline, and I'm sure internally they've got a pretty good idea where they'd like to put them much further down the road - so to speak. The SuC's coming on line now must have been in the pipeline for years and locations should have been scouted a long time ago and permits applied for in good time.

So I don't get it. Bad planning? Poor local regulations knowledge?

I do appreciate even these temporary SuC's, but I see congestion problems if they don't get them upgraded soon.

Dutch permits are not so difficult. It is not really a permit for an electricity station. Mostly it takes 6-8 weeks because of the 6 week term people can give there comments after the plans are published.

Yes of course, I understand that. My point is that if French permits take a year then why weren't Tesla applying for them one year ago - it's basic project management.

Young people? Unexperienced? It's not like there is a experience with building a network of EV chargers.

Sure, but some very, very, basic research would have uncovered all this very early.

Maybe you're right, widodh, but then I'd like to be working for Tesla, because I could certainly shake a few things up :tongue:

Let's assume therefore that all the sites France are going to start-up with the 2-stall temporary solution (why not 2x2???) and that these can be deployed without too much administration (after all, they're all on private land, no?). I would hope then that some kind of prioritisation is taking place, perhaps based either the project budget or the availability of materials or resources. Given that all these are constrained I would say that now Paris is sorted from the North and the East (just), the next priority would be Gent and Calais.

BTW, this new SuC in Senlis is not on the charging map we discussed last week... but now they have corrected it and it is... but so are the others:

Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 22.25.53.jpg

Last edited: