Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New SC in Milan (Melegnano). Ibis Styles...
IMG_1310.png
IMG_1311.png
IMG_1312.png
IMG_1313.png

Any news on Clermont-Ferrand? Desperately needed to cross over from Lyon to Bordeaux later this month...

Just did this leg on our way to vacation and we did a stop on Aire de la Loire (on the A89 highway) where you have a free charger (charge limited to 120km/h, 25KW using Chademo adapter) and then after Brive SuC, we did stop at IKEA Bordeaux for a quick refill before heading south.

Just did this leg on our way to vacation and we did a stop on Aire de la Loire (on the A89 highway) where you have a free charger (charge limited to 120km/h, 25KW using Chademo adapter) and then after Brive SuC, we did stop at IKEA Bordeaux for a quick refill before heading south.

Thank you! But I don't have a Chademo adapter. I have decided I will charge to 100% at Vienne SC and just manage the power consumption to make it all the way to Brive SC. It is 388km, so if I keep to 100 km/h I should make it with a margin.

Thank you! But I don't have a Chademo adapter. I have decided I will charge to 100% at Vienne SC and just manage the power consumption to make it all the way to Brive SC. It is 388km, so if I keep to 100 km/h I should make it with a margin.

Wow, that's very very risky! What if there's a detour (because of roadworks, accident, etc)? What if you have strong headwind, or if the terrain is very hilly?

You're giving me range anxiety right now, man!! :tongue:

At the Aire de la Loire, you also have a type 2 plug.

Als je de link opent geeft deze een type 2 met een vermogen van 43kw.

Dat betekend wel dat je met een Dual charger daarvan met 2x11kw kunt laden.
Toch 100km/uur!
Is dus een redelijke plaats even snel wat bij te laden.

Vele lieten weten het belang van de Dual lader niet in te zien maar 11kw geeft de helft, 50km/uur.
Van de ChAdeMo valt me op dat deze daar nogal is begrenst

Correctie, de CHAdeMO is mi niet begrenst.
50kw is normaal nietwaar?

I was getting 120km/h using the Chademo as this is a DBT charging station which is limited to 25kW when used to charge a Model S (otherwise it will overheat and break down).

I haven't tried the Type 2 plug there and with dual chargers the charge speed at 2x11kW should indeed be nearly the same as Chademo on this station.