Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I shall now modify one of my update scripts to go into each "detail" page and extract what appears to be the more accurate options string.

Should we be cautious of the EV-CPO data until this update is finished? I have P16267, P19847, P24262, P26343, P27889 showing in my alert that do show X037 on EV-CPO, but the detail page source code does not appear to include X037. Only one that meets my criteria, P32016, has X037 on the actual detail page.

Should we be cautious of the EV-CPO data until this update is finished? I have P16267, P19847, P24262, P26343, P27889 showing in my alert that do show X037 on EV-CPO, but the detail page source code does not appear to include X037. Only one that meets my criteria, P32016, has X037 on the actual detail page.

Only a little bit, as far as I can tell now, the PFM are the only option that seems to be out of sync. If you're unsure, go by the car detail page on Tesla.com for the options on the car. Or if you know how, open up the HTML source and see if X037 is there or not.

This is at the top of my list to get fixed, but it's not simple.

Only a little bit, as far as I can tell now, the PFM are the only option that seems to be out of sync. If you're unsure, go by the car detail page on Tesla.com for the options on the car. Or if you know how, open up the HTML source and see if X037 is there or not.

This is at the top of my list to get fixed, but it's not simple.

Thanks for the update! I do know how to check the page source, so I will just double check them for now.

what would be super helpful would be to scrape the estimated lease payment. That gets us a ROM discount amount (and helps find those sweet lease deals where there's a large discount from MSRP).

I'd also like a column for filtering on premium package (although I know over time the contents have changed... power lift gate? That's really my concern).

I looked into the leasing numbers, and the monthly payment is calculated on-the-fly with javascript taking all the options, mileage, msrp, and discount into account. That's not to say I couldn't reverse engineer the code to calculate it on this end, but that's a bigger project to undertake.

I'll look into the PUP as a column, but in the mean time, you can search for option code PI01.

I've also now fixed the phantom Power Folding Mirrors errors in their source data. 330 cars had the X037 option sent when they shouldn't have. My code now has to open up every car's detail page and compare the two option lists and calculate the differences and adjust accordingly.

While running that code, it came across at least 20 other cars that had some other weirdness in their option code listings. I'm sending off a note to my TM contact to see if we can get all these fixed, as I hope they are interested in not having inconsistent data. But since most of the errors are about the PFM which their site doesn't search/filter for, I'm not sure how much traction I'll get. But at least EV-CPO.com now it accurate for those 330 cars previously reporting PFM that didn't actually have them.

Thanks, I'll investigate. The "hidden" cars are only updated once per day (it has to call the page for each one to check).. and right now there are almost 800 hidden cars (which is pretty strange in itself!), so that's a lot of pageviews hitting the Tesla website. So I try not to abuse it too much.

I have a request: find me a non-facelift P90DL like the six I passed on over the weekend and now regret doing so! HAHA. JK. Hoping for a miracle flood of 2016 non-facelift P90Dls hitting the hidden inventory fields soon, but that may be like hoping to win the lottery.

In all seriousness, thanks for providing such an awesome service to us all. It's bee fun daydreaming, procrastinating, and, ultimately feeling regret for passing up cars. Eventually I'll grab one, and the referral credit will be coming your way! :)

I have a request: find me a non-facelift P90DL like the six I passed on over the weekend and now regret doing so! HAHA. JK. Hoping for a miracle flood of 2016 non-facelift P90Dls hitting the hidden inventory fields soon, but that may be like hoping to win the lottery.

In all seriousness, thanks for providing such an awesome service to us all. It's bee fun daydreaming, procrastinating, and, ultimately feeling regret for passing up cars. Eventually I'll grab one, and the referral credit will be coming your way!

Thanks for your feedback!!

Unless I'm missing something, there are 157 such cars on the site matching that criteria. 6 are listed, 151 are "hidden". Unless you were being sarcastic.. I'm not sure.

That's the purpose of the hidden cars -- they are all unsearchable on Tesla's site (in fact you can't even search for VINs ;) ).

But it is still listed: Model S P90D 5YJSA1E43FF114012 | Tesla

I suspect they'll take the listing down when you actually buy the car (not just a deposit down).

But that doesn't imply that most/any of the 156 other cars that fit lakerholic's criteria are already sold.

That's the purpose of the hidden cars -- they are all unsearchable on Tesla's site (in fact you can't even search for VINs ;) ).

But it is still listed: Model S P90D 5YJSA1E43FF114012 | Tesla

I suspect they'll take the listing down when you actually buy the car (not just a deposit down).

But that doesn't imply that most/any of the 156 other cars that fit lakerholic's criteria are already sold.

They were all taken down at one point, and came back. All the MCR P90Ds are definitely sold as a lot of them were discussed in the other thread about the ridiculously low lease prices.