Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EV-CPO isn't perfect, but it's damn good, and better than anything else I have seen for any other cars.

Because their options aren't in the "original build spec", it can't show hardware added after a car's initial configuration, such as a Tesla accessory center console, all-weather accessory mats, roof racks, etc.

But the photos (sent by Tesla) would confirm these parts are present and if they're not on your car when you receive it, I'd say you have grounds to complain.

Reactions: EV-CPO
Thanks for your comments.

What's the VIN, and I can look into it?

What happens is the cars are listed initially on the Tesla page that has all the cars listed for your area. That's where EV-CPO gets the initial data from, including all the option codes. Tesla has been recently changing the cars software configurations after the fact but not updating their website, causing a bit of a discrepancy. If EV-CPO says the car had FSD, then the car was absolutely listed with FSD initially. If Tesla changed the config after-the-fact and didn't update their website, then the data is out-of-sync. If Tesla does update the website, then EV-CPO should be able to catch the change about once per day. So it is possible that they stripped FSD and updated their website, and you saw it on EV-CPO before the site had a chance to notice the change in configuration.

This pretty much goes for anyone out there -- if you find a car you link, definitely take screen-shots of the car detail page on Tesla.com so you can have actual proof of any options (like FSD or Ludicrous) that Tesla might quietly remove.

The cars I am looking at seem to all say FSD on EV-CPO but just Autopilot on the Tesla webpage. Is the nightly update running to get that corrected? Here are some example VINs:

Model X 100D 5YJXCBE24KF152394 | Tesla
Model X 100D 5YJXCBE29KF151483 | Tesla
Model X 100D 5YJXCBE27KF152390 | Tesla
Model X 100D 5YJXCBE24KF152377 | Tesla
Model X 100D 5YJXCBE27KF151790 | Tesla

The cars I am looking at seem to all say FSD on EV-CPO but just Autopilot on the Tesla webpage. Is the nightly update running to get that corrected? Here are some example VINs:

Model X 100D 5YJXCBE24KF152394 | Tesla
Model X 100D 5YJXCBE29KF151483 | Tesla
Model X 100D 5YJXCBE27KF152390 | Tesla
Model X 100D 5YJXCBE24KF152377 | Tesla
Model X 100D 5YJXCBE27KF151790 | Tesla

If I look at the option code list for all of those VINs, they all include the following option codes:

APBS Autopilot
APFB Full Self-Driving Capability
APH3 AP 2.5

Since they include "APFB Full Self-Driving Capability" I have to assume these cars have FSD enabled, and the car detail page just doesn't show it. I don't know why that would be.

Is Tesla saying that these cars do not have FSD? Are there other cars that do say "Full Self Driving" on the detail page? (If there are, those might be option code APF2 for the previous flavor of FSD).

The other thought is that "APFB Full Self-Driving Capability" means that the car is eligible to purchase FSD later, but it's not enabled now. But since it also has option code APH3 (AP Hardware level 2.5), it's automatically "capable" of FSD and eligible for the promised free retrofit to APH3 (AP Hardware level 3) for eventual Full Self Driving.

Unless we find other evidence to counter this, I still think that the APFB code denotes that FSD is enabled/activated on a car, but just not displayed on the detail page. I'm open to other theories.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Especially with the recent options changes, I think Tesla has started to remove software options from vehicles as they drop the price. I've seen on many forums and Facebook groups where people bought cars that said EAP or FSD but when Tesla delivered the cars, those options had to be purchased - even on the Model 3. Some have had screen shots with the options and purchase price listed and have been successful arguing that they bought those features, others have not.
--- PRINT THE PURCHASE PAGE BEFORE CLICKING BUY ---
After clicking Buy, the web page disappears and the documentation sent afterwards will not be the same as the web page. It should be close, but options wording and details won't be exact. Especially with the used cars, features and options have moved in and out of packages and become standard or discontinued completely throughout time. 4 tires, 4 doors, a large battery, and at least one electric motor are about the only constants...

Great advice.

I would go one step further and in the browser right click and "View Source" (before you click "Buy"). Copy and paste the entire "source" page into a text file (or Word) document. In the HTML source code, you can locate the option codes listing which will be all the option codes active when you bought the car. The options code list will look something like this:

AF00, APF1, APH2, APPB, AU01, BCMB, BP00, BR00, BS00, BTX6, CDM0, CF01, CH04, CW00, DCF0, DRRH, DSH5, DV4W, FG00, FR04, HP00, IDBO, INBLB, IX00, LP00, MDLS, ME01, MI01, PF00, PI00, PK00, PPSB, PS01, PSPX4, PX00, QTSB, REEU, RFP2, SC04, SP01, SR01, SU01, TM00, TP00, TR00, UTAB, WTAS, X002, X003, X008, X011, X014, X021, X025, X026, X028, X031, X037, X039, X044, YFFC

You can then take that list and plug it into the Option Code Lookup Tool here: https://ev-cpo.com/lookup to get them translated into English.

If I look at the option code list for all of those VINs, they all include the following option codes:

Since they include "APFB Full Self-Driving Capability" I have to assume these cars have FSD enabled, and the car detail page just doesn't show it. I don't know why that would be.

Is Tesla saying that these cars do not have FSD? Are there other cars that do say "Full Self Driving" on the detail page? (If there are, those might be option code APF2 for the previous flavor of FSD).

The other thought is that "APFB Full Self-Driving Capability" means that the car is eligible to purchase FSD later, but it's not enabled now. But since it also has option code APH3 (AP Hardware level 2.5), it's automatically "capable" of FSD and eligible for the promised free retrofit to APH3 (AP Hardware level 3) for eventual Full Self Driving.

Unless we find other evidence to counter this, I still think that the APFB code denotes that FSD is enabled/activated on a car, but just not displayed on the detail page. I'm open to other theories.

Yes every one of the cars I listed only say "Autopilot" on the webpage indicating they do not have FSD included. Here is an example of one that does have FSD on the web page. Ironically it says the exact same thing, "Full Self-Driving Capability": Model X 100D 5YJXCBE28KF153256 | Tesla

It looks like maybe APF2 has FSD included but APFB is just Autopilot.

Yes, that car has AP Hardware 3 (APH4 code), but an APF2 for Full Self Driving as well as the older code APPB for Enhanced Autopilot.

What's strange is that the APF2 code for FSD appeared around October, 2016.

The APFB code for for FSD first appeared March, 2019.

It's confusing why a brand new car with AP HW3.0 would have the older FSD option code APF2.

Yes, that car has AP Hardware 3 (APH4 code), but an APF2 for Full Self Driving as well as the older code APPB for Enhanced Autopilot.

What's strange is that the APF2 code for FSD appeared around October, 2016.

The APFB code for for FSD first appeared March, 2019.

It's confusing why a brand new car with AP HW3.0 would have the older FSD option code APF2.

That makes sense because in 2016 it was $5k Enhanced Autopilot and $3k Full Self-Driving and this March they changed it to $3k Autopilot (no lane change, summon, etc) and $5k Full Self-Driving.

If you look at the json return on the web page (I don't know how you can call the api directly as it returns no results when I try it) you get

"OptionCodeListWithPrice":"RENA|INCLUDED|0;AD15|INCLUDED|0;AF02|INCLUDED|0;AH00|INCLUDED|0;APF2|OPTIONAL|5000;APH3|INCLUDED|0;APPB|OPTIONAL|5000;AU01|INCLUDED|0;BCMB|INCLUDED|0;BP00|INCLUDED|0;BR00|INCLUDED|0;BS00|INCLUDED|0;BTX6|OPTIONAL|9500;CC02|OPTIONAL|6000;CDM0|INCLUDED|0;CH05|INCLUDED|0;PPSW|OPTIONAL|2000;COUS|INCLUDED|0;CW02|INCLUDED|0;DRLH|INCLUDED|0;DSHG|INCLUDED|0;DU00|INCLUDED|0;DV4W|INCLUDED|0;FG02|INCLUDED|0;FMP6|INCLUDED|0;FR01,,,,,

for a car with FSD - that includes APF2|OPTIONAL|5000 - wouldn't that suggest that FSD is linked to APF2 as its an option and has the right price? Except it has APPB also at 5000 too and isn't that 3k niow?

I ordered a car that said FSD on ev-cpo but the tesla page said autopilot. I talked with quite a few people at Tesla and the common answer was it has FSD capability but to activate it I had to pay the before purchase activation fee of $5K ( if I remember the price right) I am fine with just auto pilot and may reconsider in the future about upgrading to FSD

I ordered a car that said FSD on ev-cpo but the tesla page said autopilot. I talked with quite a few people at Tesla and the common answer was it has FSD capability but to activate it I had to pay the before purchase activation fee of $5K ( if I remember the price right) I am fine with just auto pilot and may reconsider in the future about upgrading to FSD

That's not good, who's right? Hank frequently says he only reports what Tesla tell him, but if he's reading the codes wrong, you've potentially (and it seems the case from the above, Hank needs to comment) made a 5k mistake because of the info his site gave you?

That's not good, who's right? Hank frequently says he only reports what Tesla tell him, but if he's reading the codes wrong, you've potentially (and it seems the case from the above, Hank needs to comment) made a 5k mistake because of the info his site gave you?

No one should be making purchasing decisions based on information from EV-CPO. It is a site to FIND good deals on new/used Teslas. Once you find it you have to do your own due diligence (and like he mentioned above screenshot the config at the time you put the deposit down to make sure they don't try to change it after the fact). I wouldn't think I am owed anything if I bought a car that EV-CPO said was FSD but really only has AP because it clearly says Autopilot on the Tesla page. I do however want to help him get the site fixed because I can't easily see the difference between cars that do have FSD and those that are just AP right now.

Reactions: EV-CPO and mongo
I agree with cmdr Thor. That you have to check the tesla page. In my case the page did say auto pilot. It did not say FSD or EA. This is not an EV-CPO fault. If anything it is a Tesla problem in that they continually change the names of everything. Now all cars come with AP whereas three weeks ago it was EA AP and or FSD.

I am not that upset at Tesla because I am still getting a pretty good deal. However this is second time I believe Tesla changed things mid stream. I was one of those owners that bought three years ago and told I had free supercharging for my life Then it was changed to life of car

It is still best car I have ever owned

Reactions: EV-CPO
If you look at the json return on the web page (I don't know how you can call the api directly as it returns no results when I try it) you get

"OptionCodeListWithPrice":"RENA|INCLUDED|0;AD15|INCLUDED|0;AF02|INCLUDED|0;AH00|INCLUDED|0;APF2|OPTIONAL|5000;APH3|INCLUDED|0;APPB|OPTIONAL|5000;AU01|INCLUDED|0;BCMB|INCLUDED|0;BP00|INCLUDED|0;BR00|INCLUDED|0;BS00|INCLUDED|0;BTX6|OPTIONAL|9500;CC02|OPTIONAL|6000;CDM0|INCLUDED|0;CH05|INCLUDED|0;PPSW|OPTIONAL|2000;COUS|INCLUDED|0;CW02|INCLUDED|0;DRLH|INCLUDED|0;DSHG|INCLUDED|0;DU00|INCLUDED|0;DV4W|INCLUDED|0;FG02|INCLUDED|0;FMP6|INCLUDED|0;FR01,,,,,

for a car with FSD - that includes APF2|OPTIONAL|5000 - wouldn't that suggest that FSD is linked to APF2 as its an option and has the right price? Except it has APPB also at 5000 too and isn't that 3k niow?

You really can't use "OptionCodeListWithPrice" anymore.... that bit of data was added years ago when Tesla offered lease prices right on the car detail page, and the code to calculate the correct lease price needed all the individual option code prices to do so. But Tesla stopped offering lease prices on the car detail page, also years ago. So that data is not used anywhere anymore and I certainly would not trust it to be correct or maintained by Tesla's web team. It serves no useful purpose anymore.

Last edited:
The problem is that Tesla is using two codes with identical descriptions to denote two completely different things:

APF2 Full Self Driving Capability
APFB Full Self Driving Capability

Those are the option code descriptions direct from Tesla, not what I assigned to them.

But it appears that Tesla is now making the second one an additional purchase option on their sales backend, without going back and actually changing the option codes included for each car on the website backend. When APFB first appeared, it absolutely was for FSD included on those cars. Now it appears that's not the case, and only cars with APF2 have FSD included. This is a clear inconsistency on their end, not mine. I can certainly fix EV-CPO to reflect this, but as any data scientist will tell you, hard coding around bad data never ends well.

Thank you for your constant and predictable criticisms. I am not "reading the codes wrong". Tesla has chosen (very recently, mind you) to change how THEY interpret the option codes on certain cars in a completely inconsistent manner than they've been doing since 2015. And I am being proactive in trying to figure out what's actually happening here and adjust accordingly, with the welcome help from everyone else to share their experiences and useful suggestions to make it better for everyone going forward.

You really can't use "OptionCodeListWithPrice" anymore.... that bit of data was added years ago when Tesla offered lease prices right on the car detail page, and the code to calculate the correct list price needed all the individual option code prices to do so. But Tesla stopped offering lease prices on the car detail page, also years ago. So that data is not used anywhere anymore and I certainly would not trust it to be correct or maintained by Tesla's web team. It serves no useful purpose anymore.

You say not maintained but it lists the options and the prices on cars that are being made now so it seems to be accurate. It also seems reasonable to me although I don't have the benefit of history you have. If we can't trust the option codes anymore, and we've had P85D where the ludicrous flag isn't always set and we've not got confusing definitions on what FSD is then what can we trust. Unless you have been told by Tesla the definitions of the codes, you're just trying to work out a pattern to make them fit, just because you've not fully cracked the pattern it doesn't mean there isn't one. I think blaming Tesla for not completely understanding how or what they do it is a bit cheeky