Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome website BTW and thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately makes me spend more money on cars I don't really need. Ended up buying a p85d because of it a few years back. I will sign up for a subscription. The site will likely help me save thousands of dollars. I imagine reselling these CPO cars could be hugely profitable. Pricing on Cars.com is $5k to $10k more with some advantages like supercharging and customer service, but other issues like dealer fees, used car salesmen and undercoating offerings.

Reactions: EV-CPO
Ok, if you look at the option codes on EV-CPO.com (click the "gear" icon), both VINs include the option code CH04 (High Amperage Charger Upgrade). While the Tesla page doesn't mention that, if you open the Tesla page and "View Source" you'll see the CH04 option code included several times in the source HTML. That's a pretty good indication that the car has the upgraded charger, but it's not 100% definite. It's possible the Tesla is downgrading the chargers to 48 amps (to prolong battery life) but leaving the old option codes on the car's record. The only way to absolutely confirm is to get it in writing from Tesla, or see the car in person charging at 72amps. The option codes on EV-CPO.com are directly from the data from Tesla, but even still, they may not reflect what's actually on the car at any time.

Welcome Dirkdiggler.. a paid subscription is needed to access the "Performance" models in the archive listings. This was unfortunately a required step because too many commercial entities were abusing the 'free trial' to extract data for for-profit activities. Once you've signed up for the free trial, please see the 'Premium Status' page for subscription options. Thanks for your support.

Tesla has had 'fire sale' prices on listed cars near the end of quarter, but they continually drop (and raise) the prices of cars all the time.

If they can make profit from using the data, what's stopping them just taking out a paid subscription using a gmail account? I can understand you wanting to make a few bucks and protect your data a lot more than justifying it as preventing commercial abuse. Just be honest - you have a living to make :)

Ha, I'm definitely not "making a living" from EV-CPO. If I add up all the income I've received on it, divided by the number of hours I've spent on it since 2015, it's way, WAY below minimum wage. And I am being perfectly honest -- it is preventing commercial abuse. There were repeated abuses from hedge funds and investment banks signing up for the free trial dozens of times just to scrape the data. I asked them several times to pay for a subscription and I never got a response. They just wanted it for free. If you read the TOC on the site, the data is for personal use only. If any commercial entities need or want a custom data extract subscription, they can contact me for a custom quote based on their exact requirements. That way they don't have to scrape HTML data 100 records at a time into a spreadsheet -- a skill most hedge funds or investment houses don't want to spend their time on, so it's worth it to them.

I'm not seeing any used inventory at all in the US. Canadian and European used inventory is unchanged. Something is definitely up and I doubt it will be good for buyers. I've been keeping an eye on a couple of used Model S's and one day last week, instead of dropping the prices they jacked up a bunch of prices by a couple of thousand bucks. They had just dropped back down to where they were before the price hike and now everything's been pulled.

Reactions: Floridian21
I see 18 used model s cars on the tesla website just for Chicago. Are you sure it's not a glitch on ev-cpo?
Screenshot_20190824-135631_Brave.jpg