Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed there are some P85 (single motor) cars listed as having Ludicrous mode. Is that even possible? I know the EV-CPO data is only as good as the data Tesla provides, but what is Tesla doing? :)

I only see one such car, now in the archives. It is "possible" but not as a valid configuration (i.e. only by hacking).
This definitely looks like a coding error.

upload_2019-9-24_22-18-23.png

If so, talk about a unicorn!

True! But I should clarify -- I don't think real Ludicrous is possible without both motors, but I think in theory it would be possible to make the necessary hardware changes to enable "Ludicrous" mode on just the rear motor. I'm specifically thinking of wk057's yellow P85++ car, which is RWD. But no way anything like that got out of the factory with that configuration.

I ordered what was listed as a P85D in late July before all the web changes. Although listed by Tesla as a P85D with no mention of Ludicrous it has the badge on the rear and the underline shown on the MCU and IC.

When I picked up the car it is indeed a P85DL. I’m loving it.

Congrats!!! You have a real special car there. Is the build date April, 2015 or earlier? If so, it also has the Performance Plus suspension, and added bonus making your car pretty rare.

Congrats!!! You have a real special car there. Is the build date April, 2015 or earlier? If so, it also has the Performance Plus suspension, and added bonus making your car pretty rare.
Dec 2014. When they went to transport it to my region they found the MCU had failed so while it delayed my delivery one of my biggest concerns (MCU failure) has already been addressed and the replacement unit has LTE too. My car also came with 4 brand new tires and it looks like 4 new 21” rims. The car is just in beautiful shape, with barely any indication of the 66,000 or so miles. I would have preferred the new front end look but just got a good deal on this nosecone car. I mean it is a P85DL with AP1 and new tires/rims, MCU replaced already with LTE upgrade and I got my preferred colors and premium interior (Power lift hatchback). Oh, and PIN to drive so when I travel out of town I don’t have to worry about my teenager joyriding. I’m just loving the car! Everyone I’ve shown it to is just awed by this almost 5 year old car. The MCU blows people’s mind before we even try a Ludicrous start.

I figure I’ll enjoy it for a year or two and maybe upgrade to an X or newer S.

Thank you for your site. Being able to plug in my search parameters (Dual motor, performance, premium interior, Midnight Silver color, AP1) let me find this car easily vs Tesla’s website which makes you have to punch in different zip codes around the nation to find the needle in the haystack. I’m paid up on my Premium membership on your website and I’m keeping an eye on Xs for the wife sometime in the future.

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
Thanks for your comments and glad the site helped you out.

I recently upgraded my own 2014 P85D+ to Ludicrous mode, and it is now just the most amazing car.. It was great with "Insane" mode, but Ludicrous mode just blows my mind every time. And I have lots of my own upgrades making it really special (to me):
  • Deep Sea Blue Satin Autoflex with chrome delete
  • Front camera kit
  • Rear lighted Applique
  • Light Harmonic upgraded Hi-Fi amplifier
  • Belltronics StiR radar+laser detector
  • Blacksys 2-channel dashcam
  • EV-Horn (pedestrian warning device)
  • 90 kWh V3 battery
I can't foresee selling this car for the foreseeable future.

I have a paid subscription (Premium user). The location is not showing. It says 'No-Location-US' for all the records. Please let me know how I can filter by state. Also. when I add 'Seat option' or 'date added' , those columns are not showing. How do I fix that ?

I have a paid subscription (Premium user). The location is not showing. It says 'No-Location-US' for all the records. Please let me know how I can filter by state. Also. when I add 'Seat option' or 'date added' , those columns are not showing. How do I fix that ?

Thanks for your subscription!

For used cars, unfortunately, Tesla stopped including the location in the data stream, so there's no way to find out the location of those cars. But Tesla will gladly charge you $2000 to ship you the car from wherever it is. I don't think they'll tell you the location until you put a deposit down, but that's always changing and depends on who you speak with, so if you're interested in a used car, it's best to call them up. New/inventory cars do have a location listed.

For 'Seat Option' or 'Date added' those should be working. Try selecting and saving those options and then refreshing the site. It's possible there are too many columns and they overflow, when this happens, there's a small blue + icon you can click to expand the extra info--see image below:

upload_2019-10-6_8-50-12.png

Bought our Canadian 2013 Tesla S85 via EV-CPO in 2015, thanks!
Will be looking for CPO P90DL sometime in the next 6 months and subscribe when I'm serious.

Found this
2016 Model S | Tesla Canada

Tesla uses a 3rd party that takes pictures of the actual vehicle:
2016 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1E44GF136618

Not sure if you knew that and would provide this link on your site, if not I'll hand craft for those I am interested in.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx
Thanks for your subscription!

For used cars, unfortunately, Tesla stopped including the location in the data stream, so there's no way to find out the location of those cars. But Tesla will gladly charge you $2000 to ship you the car from wherever it is. I don't think they'll tell you the location until you put a deposit down, but that's always changing and depends on who you speak with, so if you're interested in a used car, it's best to call them up. New/inventory cars do have a location listed.

For 'Seat Option' or 'Date added' those should be working. Try selecting and saving those options and then refreshing the site. It's possible there are too many columns and they overflow, when this happens, there's a small blue + icon you can click to expand the extra info--see image below:

View attachment 463140
Thanks for the explanation. Is there a way to re-order the columns ?

Thanks for the explanation. Is there a way to re-order the columns ?

No, but you can remove some columns to make room for others. You can also use the browser “zoom out” feature to fit more columns but you’ll need to refresh the page after doing so. You can also click the “expand” icon in the top right corner to hide the side menu for more space.