Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's one I've noticed for a while now; Under "Weather" it says:

"CW02 Subzero+Heated Steering Wheel
ST01 Non-heated Leather Steering Wheel"

It's a little bit confusing though because, other than a few late 2014 cars, all Subzero package cars should have a heated steering wheel. Yet all of them show "Non-heated leather steering wheel" which is inaccurate. This appears on most all newer Model S that I'm seeing and after a certain point (late 2018?) all should not only have Subzero but a heated steering wheel as well since those are one-and-the-same to the best of my knowledge.

Subzero No Wheel.jpg

I figure that there are codes like these where one code overrides another legacy code. But Tesla does not publish a rubric like that to explain their coding scheme.

For instance, a couple of years ago, Tesla started prefacing all their option codes with a $ (see example below). Not specific codes, all option codes are now prefaced with a $ sign. For the life of me I can't figure out why they'd do that. Now if only certain codes had a $ sign it would have some meaning we may be able to reverse-engineer. They're not delimiters, since each list is always comma-separated. But just to add a superfluous $ to every code? Either there's a very good logical reason for it that we don't know, or there's just some lazy programmers that added it to avoid writing more code (or a quick-and-dirty solution to some other problem). So since they mean nothing, I just strip them out.

• "OptionCodeList":"$BP00,$HC00,$ADPX2,$GLFR,$AU00,$APFB,$APH4,$APBS,$X028,$BTX5,$BS00,$BCMB,$CH05,$CW02,$COUS,$X040,$IDBO,$X027,$DRLH,$DU00,$AF02,$FMP6,$FG02,$DCF0,$FR04,$TD00,$X007,$X011,$INBPB,$PI01,$IX01,$X001,$LP01,$LT3B,$MI01,$X037,$MDLS,$DV4W,$X025,$X003,$ZCST,$PMNG,$PS01,$PK00,$X031,$PX00,$PF00,$X044,$TM00,$BR04,$RENA,$RFP2,$USSB,$X014,$ME02,$QTPB,$SR01,$SP00,$X021,$SC04,$SU00,$TP03,$TR00,$TIG4,$DSH7,$MT75A,$UTAB,$WTAS,$WR01,$YFCC,$CPF0",
  • "OptionCodeListDisplayOnly":"$DSH7,$WTAS,$CPF0,$GLFR,$FR04,$X001,$DRLH,$BR04,$APH4,$QTPB,$WR01,$LT3B,$PMNG,$X027,$FMP6,$DCF0,$MDLS,$PS01,$RENA,$RFP2,$CH05,$LP01,$MI01,$COUS,$AF02,$UTAB,$X011,$ME02,$MT75A,$X007,$INBPB,$X037,$IX01,$X031,$USSB,$TIG4,$ZCST,$BTX5,$CW02,$IDBO,$X003,$APBS,$X028,$FG02,$DV4W,$SR01,$TP03,$PI01,$APFB",

Reactions: Ostrichsak
I figure that there are codes like these where one code overrides another legacy code. But Tesla does not publish a rubric like that to explain their coding scheme.

For instance, a couple of years ago, Tesla started prefacing all their option codes with a $ (see example below). Not specific codes, all option codes are now prefaced with a $ sign. For the life of me I can't figure out why they'd do that. Now if only certain codes had a $ sign it would have some meaning we may be able to reverse-engineer. They're not delimiters, since each list is always comma-separated. But just to add a superfluous $ to every code? Either there's a very good logical reason for it that we don't know, or there's just some lazy programmers that added it to avoid writing more code (or a quick-and-dirty solution to some other problem). So since they mean nothing, I just strip them out.

• "OptionCodeList":"$BP00,$HC00,$ADPX2,$GLFR,$AU00,$APFB,$APH4,$APBS,$X028,$BTX5,$BS00,$BCMB,$CH05,$CW02,$COUS,$X040,$IDBO,$X027,$DRLH,$DU00,$AF02,$FMP6,$FG02,$DCF0,$FR04,$TD00,$X007,$X011,$INBPB,$PI01,$IX01,$X001,$LP01,$LT3B,$MI01,$X037,$MDLS,$DV4W,$X025,$X003,$ZCST,$PMNG,$PS01,$PK00,$X031,$PX00,$PF00,$X044,$TM00,$BR04,$RENA,$RFP2,$USSB,$X014,$ME02,$QTPB,$SR01,$SP00,$X021,$SC04,$SU00,$TP03,$TR00,$TIG4,$DSH7,$MT75A,$UTAB,$WTAS,$WR01,$YFCC,$CPF0",
  • "OptionCodeListDisplayOnly":"$DSH7,$WTAS,$CPF0,$GLFR,$FR04,$X001,$DRLH,$BR04,$APH4,$QTPB,$WR01,$LT3B,$PMNG,$X027,$FMP6,$DCF0,$MDLS,$PS01,$RENA,$RFP2,$CH05,$LP01,$MI01,$COUS,$AF02,$UTAB,$X011,$ME02,$MT75A,$X007,$INBPB,$X037,$IX01,$X031,$USSB,$TIG4,$ZCST,$BTX5,$CW02,$IDBO,$X003,$APBS,$X028,$FG02,$DV4W,$SR01,$TP03,$PI01,$APFB",
They just want to break your (excellent) search tool from time to time, I guess.

• Funny
Reactions: EV-CPO
They just want to break your (excellent) search tool from time to time, I guess.

This they do with some regularity. It's usually at 3am on a Sunday morning, or more likely, when I'm on vacation and only have spotty hotel wifi and no cell service. I wake up to 3000 error messages in the logs because something in the feed changed and broke the code. :)

We go diving in Bonaire every year, and I'm sure as sh-t that they'll be some major change while I'm down there. Happens every time, I'd make bets on it.

Like this week, for unknown reasons, they changed the trim codes for Model 3/Y LRAWDP (Long Range All Wheel Drive Performance) to PAWD (Performance All Wheel Drive) and for MS/MX changed P100DL to MSPERF and MXPERF. Since everything is now Long Range by default, they eliminated that designation. This one was understandable., but still broke a few things. At least this time it was a simple fix and I was home.

I'm even more confused...

Now ev-cpo shows 69 used Model 3 cars in Europe, apply filter of Great Britain and we now get 11 cars. That matches what I see on Tesla (search postcode GL52 6SE). So that is what I would expect to see, hopefully issues have been resolved.
No idea where you see 138 Great Britain cars (although that is exactly double the number of European cars I see...)

1637242454037.png

Oops. I must have been looking at sold/archived cars. Sorry. Yes, now I see 11 used M3s for sale in GB.

Overnight (ET) the system tries to find cars that were sold and no longer available, so cars may disappear for a short while. This is a result of how Tesla lists/unlists cars. Unfortunately, they do not supply a real-time feed of cars sold or newly listed. So if you're 5/6 hours ahead, you might be seeing some of these changes taking place.

Sorry to keep sounding like a broken record...
Great Britain Used Model 3s are not showing again.
I checked at 23:00 GMT and no results, and checked again several times today, no results. Model S and X show up fine.
I see 72 European Used Model 3s.

Sorry to keep sounding like a broken record...
Great Britain Used Model 3s are not showing again.
I checked at 23:00 GMT and no results, and checked again several times today, no results. Model S and X show up fine.
I see 72 European Used Model 3s.

No worries at all! Thanks for reporting any issues. I think this time I found the issue and there are now 10 used M3s listed for GB.

edit: But it still appears that Tesla is delisting these overnight (so the "detail" page is no longer available, and EV-CPO detects this as the car being sold). Then at some point they appear again and EV-CPO picks them up as 'relisted'.

Well it all worked nicely for a few days... I received emails every night relisting the used M3 cars as would be expected from what you said.
However it then went down to 4 cars, then 1 car, now none are being picked up again.

Just curious as to why “INTERIOR” is now listed as “INTERIOR” instead of an actual color? Ditto at EV-tsla.com now for a few months, despite the colors being rendered correctly in the links.

Great service you provide otherwise, and we all appreciate your work on these sites!

Nevermind, I see it now.

Ok, it's fixed. Tesla up to their old tricks of making minor changes in the data stream that break things. ;)

Last edited: