TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EV Tax Credit

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by grashelm, Aug 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. grashelm

grashelm Member

Can the mods re-sticky the Tax Credit post that used to be up top? I believe moving forward as production ramps up, this will be an important topic as far as timing of purchase goes. Will Tesla's Delivery estimate page be reliable as production ramps up to ensure that those who are planning on receiving tax credits have an accurate idea of where they stand when they pull the trigger to order/buy?

2. sorka

sorka Active Member

What I want to know is if the feds will disallow the tax credit on units that only employees of the company can buy which makes it unavailable to the public.

• Funny x 1
  3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

I highly doubt it.

The units sold to employees will make next to no difference to the credits available to the general public.

• Like x 1
  4. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Employees are people too. They have just as much right to the credit as anyone else.

• Like x 1
  5. sorka

sorka Active Member

Ahh, yes, but that wasn't what I asked ;)

6. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

I answered what you asked, "I highly doubt it.", and then added some extra. ;)