Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evannex Rim Protection

HabitualUser

Mar 9, 2017
Los Angeles
Can anyone provide feedback on the Wheel Bands Kit from Evannex, specifically on the 22" wheels? Are you happy with the level of protection, visual looks, etc. Thanks.

HabitualUser

Mar 9, 2017
Los Angeles
Thanks, yea I saw that thread earlier but didn't realize it was for 22" wheels.

They look good, I will pull the trigger. If they work well then $30/wheel is a bargain.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
was going to ask about this, as i had a MSP90DL this weekend while i wait to pick up my X and notice curb rash on the rear drivers side wheel and it just looks soo bad on such a beautiful car...so good to hear about this.

Also, will this be all good for going through a car wash?

FlyF4

Son of a MX
Mar 21, 2017
moved to San Diego
Yes, yes, and yes. You can find my pictures in the black X section. I just completed a 500 mile trip and they were rock solid.

Ok, but did you actually rub up against any curb to see if they prevent damage? To me it looks like an option that won't help protect the rims in most rim rubs.

ToddS

Jan 13, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Ok, but did you actually rub up against any curb to see if they prevent damage? To me it looks like an option that won't help protect the rims in most rim rubs.

The short answer is NO. I did not intentionally try to rub up against a curb.

However, I have seen video on Wheel Bands' website of such a demonstration.

Reactions: FlyF4

FlyF4

Son of a MX
Mar 21, 2017
moved to San Diego
The short answer is NO. I did not intentionally try to rub up against a curb.

However, I have seen video on Wheel Bands' website of such a demonstration.

Ok, I wasn't suggesting you do it on purpose :) Just curious because when I look at the Tesla wheels up close and looked at one with those wheel bands on them, it seemed to be there more for looks and wouldn't protect the rim from a curb rash. Best of luck that it won't happen;)

Chopr147

Apr 3, 2016
Wantagh, NY
I have thought about doing this as well. I am the only everyday driver of my S and do NOT hit curbs. But my wife and son have used it at times and I suffer from anxiety when they have my S. :( I was told these could come off while driving and damage the car. Has anyone had this or maybe it's just a case of putting them on the right way.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC