Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everything Electric Sydney (February 9-10-11, 2024)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought tickets for both days immediately when they became available, so I missed the discounts.
I still think it's worth it if you intend to make your home more efficient as it's not just EVs anymore and there's a lot of home efficiency and technology on display. Home energy will be my focus, but I will look at the new EVs too and I'm making a list of talks to go to as well.

Reactions: Hairyman and moa999
I'll actually drop the key pages here.

All the exhibitors (I love the declined to participate section).

A couple of other no-shows for me are Chargefox and Engie.

Screenshot_20230307-180840.png

And then the Theatres..
Note that there are Four different venues the main Giga and Mega Theatres, and then the separate HEAT and Fully Charged Business sites.

Screenshot_20230307-181121.png

Screenshot_20230307-180945.png

It's hard to shake the idea that this is an event by the wealthy for the wealthy. Class warfare by stealth.

Nothing about rideshare (have you seen how many Polestars with SPL plates are sporting an Uber sticker?) and the bums-in-seats effect?

Next to nothing about renters (20 minutes at the HEAT stand, whatever that is).

Nothing about the working class, whether it's low incomes or vehicles used for work.

Nothing about the welfare class, or about the disabled. Though the lack of accessibility at charging stations around those silly bollards isn't a huge topic of discussion for a convention audience.

One session that's potentially about people living in flats "no driveway no problem", but it's more likely that session is about rich people living in older suburbs that pre-date driveways and garages stringing extension cords across a public footpath.

Though on the topic of class warfare, one session jumped out: "shouldn't we be making more out of walking & cycling?". Apparently the working poor, the welfare class, and the disabled, can get out and walk.

I’m planning to go, only on the Saturday though.

It's hard to shake the idea that this is an event by the wealthy for the wealthy. Class warfare by stealth.

Really? That’s a rather long and unsubstantiated bow to draw. I’m sure they deliberately set out to offend and marginalise those whom they have deemed insufficiently worthy 🙄.

How about sending them an email with a list of suggested topics for next year, and offer to present a session about your experiences as a long term EV rideshare driver? That would be more constructive than a rant.

All the exhibitors (I love the declined to participate section).

I love it too - no hiding behind the PR machine on that. Those who declined to participate can hardly complain they have been named.

They mostly appear to be all the car companies. Maybe they are saving up their shekels for the next auto show. I know it costs companies a lot of money to be exhibitors at events like this. Also what would they say? “Sorry, you can’t order an EV from us, no supply and a 12 month wait” (Tesla excepted). Not a good look.