Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVHS Grant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I ordered my Model 3 last week and I'm now looking at getting charger installed under the EVHS Grant Scheme. One of the requirements is that you can't have it installed more than four months before your EV's delivery date. When I ordered the estimated delivery date was "September" (presumably end of September), so unless there is a big delay even if the charger was installed today it's unlikely it would be four months before the delivery date. From reading this forum it seems like Tesla give you delivery date quite late in the process, and I want to make sure it's installed before the car arrives - do you know what kind of confirmation you need to be able to claim under the EVHS scheme?

Many thanks,
Andrew

All you need is proof you have ordered it, then once you have taken delivery you provide them your VIN. I haven't heard of anyone getting charged after 4 months, I assume if you showed there was a delay they might be reasonable, and it seems they are quite behind on processing applications and paying out to the installer anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: Jerryjal
I had mine installed yesterday, went for the Zappi as looking at getting Solar in the next 12 months plus no need for an earth rod, I did all mine via Smarthomecharge, they accepted an estimated delivery date and started the OLEV grant for me, as mine will be a company car I needed a letter from my company confirming that I would receive an ev from September.

It has taken four weeks from start to installation, just need the car now to be delivered :)

Reactions: Jerryjal