Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both Evie Sutton's Forest and Jamistown looking close based on photos added to Plugshare over the weekend.

Screenshot_20220605_194948.jpg

Screenshot_20220605_195106.jpg

And more!

Lawson in line for new electric vehicle charging station

Before checking the meeting minutes, it was ambiguous as to what speed these would be. Evie's ultra-rapid plan has tentative markers in both Penrith and Lithgow (with the Jamisontown install underway representing the Penrith spot). And the westernmost marker on the Sydney Future Fuels map is somewhere in the Glenbrook region, about 30 km east of Lawson.

However, the minutes clarified that this is in relation to the ARENA Future Fuels fund, so 2x 50 kW it is.

Reactions: moa999
Both Evie Sutton's Forest and Jamistown looking close based on photos added to Plugshare over the weekend.

View attachment 812887
I dropped in to sight the Sutton Forest installation on Saturday. While the chargers looked ready, the car park area surrounded by fencing looked some way off. Perhaps in a couple of weeks...

It's a shame there's only two though. That location has always been popular for a rest stop, and I see only two being quite a bottleneck.

Mittagong RSL with one charger was probably sufficient until start of this year, so this effectively triples charging in the area.
(Hopefully more if one of the stalls is setup as dual-CCS2 but I doubt it).

Remember most going further afield from Sydney can get to Goulburn.

That said wouldn't surprise me if this is the first Evie site expanded.

If you consider that many cars will be capable of up to 150 kW charging rates it could even be as high as 6x the capacity!
I'd say 4x ;-)

Mittagong remains unchanged

And the 2 stalls at Sutton Forest can each charge 1½x as many cars per hour as the Mittagong one. In my case it's 37-38 minutes vs 55-65 minutes from low-ish% to 90%.

1 + 1.5 + 1.5 = 4

Of 42 total:
  • 17 active
  • Now after 1+ year of silence we suddenly have 4 in construction at once.
So they'll be 50% done after these.

I just checked my spreadsheet and it shows 43 locations so I've doubled up somewhere, I might edit this comment shortly... [Edit: One of their 50's snuck into the list. 42 is correct.]

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and Vostok