Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ex-Tesla and NASA Engineers Make a Light Bulb That’s Smarter Than You

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do of the 'insiders' on this thread have news about when they'll be available? The site still says 'spring', but we're past that (although that's arguable here in Texas at the moment...)

The manufacturer has had a small production validation run, to the best of my knowledge. Commercially available will be 'soon-ish'. Things are popping over there.

So I thought this product was supposed to be out by now.......any updates bonnie? Site still says "Pre-order" and "shipping soon"
This email was sent by Stack a few days ago:
We’ve been very busy here at Stack, and in our last update we told you that we were aiming to be shipping this Spring. Since we are now nearing the end of Spring, we wanted to let you know that we aren’t going to hit the spring target, but we’ll be really close.

Why the delay?

We want to make sure that we deliver a flawless user experience out-of-box, and have been actively testing the platform to ensure a consistent experience across as many types of homes as possible. As part of this effort, we extended the alpha and beta test programs to get the most complete feedback possible and make sure that you have that perfect user experience right away.

What does this mean for you?

We expect our pre-order deliveries will start shipping in July and we should get through most of them by the end of August. As a reminder, we will be offering all of our early customers 25% off of their initial order. We’ll be in touch with more details as we start shipping and we appreciate your patience - we can’t wait to show you what Stack can do!

Wow,
Totally random coincidence here...

I remembered this thread from late last year. A startup that I'm doing some work for has just had a bunch of these lights installed. Now attempting to do wireless control of the lights. The founder of our company apparently knows someone at Stack. Maybe he knows you Bonnie?

RT

This has been a awesome couple of days. Model X getting really close, Roadster battery upgrade revealed and I just received notification that our Stack pre-order bulbs are due to ship next month!

There's been some delays due to UL certification timeframes but the bulbs are ready to work with Nest and IFTTT right out of the box, and an integration with Amazon Echo is also on the way.
image.jpg

Wooooot!

Last edited:
I have Hue bulbs and z-wave with motion sensors and all that in my house. I don't really have a need for these.. but.. once they open that API I'll have to give them a try.

Do you have a Nest thermostat installed? These interact with Nest and report back temperature in different locations where installed, along with occupancy - which allows Nest to better adjust temps. ... More to come. :)