Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extend right leg for a 6' driver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to hear from a six foot tall driver who has been in a Y. If you put the seat all the way back can you fully extend your right leg (or close). The answer may vary for a person with long legs vs. someone with a longer upper torso but I'm really looking for whether the distance is 'cramped' or 'ample room'.

Here is a high quality illustration of the question.
upload_2020-3-17_19-53-57.png

As amusing as I find this, there’s also the consideration as to how long your arms are to reach the steering wheel when the seat is back far enough to allow your leg to be extended. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to a Model Y to give you any data.

But given that height from the waist to the head and the waist to the feet can be different on all 6 footers, I think what you’re really looking for is two measurements. One from the back of the seat at the bottom, and then a parallel measurement at arm height. That way you both would get measurements that are more significant to you.

Being 6'2" and just over 200 lbs, the Model Y was a must for me vs the 3 as well.. I will hopefully be getting mine in a couple weeks and can report back, but from the video's I have seen, it seems to be on part with the dimensions of my 2017 CR-V that I have now which is very comfortable for me.

That will be great. I hope you find that you are comfortable.
So I have my model Y.... As far as seating goes, I’m not as comfortable as I would like to be. My issue is with the seats, they’re just too narrow for me. The sitting part is OK, the issue I'm having is with the back. When leaning back in the seat, my shoulders are right on the edge of the seat. I can get comfortable by pushing my shoulders towards my chest, but I feel that would just promote bad posture. I also wasn't able to adjust the headrest. However, I may not keep the vehicle because of other reasons (build quality)

Reactions: kayak1
So I have my model Y.... As far as seating goes, I’m not as comfortable as I would like to be. My issue is with the seats, they’re just too narrow for me. The sitting part is OK, the issue I'm having is with the back. When leaning back in the seat, my shoulders are right on the edge of the seat. I can get comfortable by pushing my shoulders towards my chest, but I feel that would just promote bad posture. I also wasn't able to adjust the headrest. However, I may not keep the vehicle because of other reasons (build quality)
I'm also tall and broad-shouldered, and am finding that the plastic pieces of the backing of the driver seat seems to pop/click when I'm forced back into it. Are you experiencing this?

6’4” and no issues. I don’t have the seat all the way back. My right knee is bent but I’m very comfortable. I like the narrow seat. Very supportive. I’m 180 lbs. I easily have 5-6 inches of headroom clearance with seat all the way down but for longer drives I adjust the height and tilt during the drive. I really like my Y.