Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended warranty for the 3

M3BlueGeorgia

Dec 10, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Announced a while back. No more extended warranties. Third parties do provide the service

I didn't see that announcement, though I've also seen nothing to suggest Tesla would do an extended warranty on the Model 3.

We are at 27k after 14 months, so we'll blow through the standard warranty in another year.

ewoodrick

Apr 13, 2018
Buford, GA
completely wrong. Announced a while back was the discontinuation of Tesla yearly service recommendation and service package. Nothing was ever mentioned about extended warranty being canceled.

I believe that you missed the other announcement. AFAIK, not more extended warranties on any Teslas, they got out of the business.

• Disagree
Reactions: Maaz and MP3Mike

super20g

Jun 28, 2018
United States
They offer me an ESA as a concession when I was having service issues on a model 3... So they can offer them, but I guess not officially. I did not accept so that is all I know...

Ptheven

Mar 9, 2019
Kellyfornya
Hopefully never, because extended warranties are never worth the money for the majority of cars.

Nobody's saying you have to buy one, or your family will be turned into pet food.

For the folks who have serious concerns about the long-term reliability of their cars, this can be a good solution. It's just another form of insurance: Hopefully you don't need it.

I, for one, am starting to wonder about them myself.

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC