Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extra Key Cards?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many keys do you need? Your phone is your primary and you get two keycards. Surely that is enough? If not call a store or the 1-800 #?

The phone seems to be very unreliable (I have a Google Pixel and non-stop Bluetooth key issues), thus two drivers, each with a card in their wallet, would like to keep a spare at home for the "just in case something happens". Every car I've had before always had 2 keys and an "Emergency/valet" key.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
The phone seems to be very unreliable (I have a Google Pixel and non-stop Bluetooth key issues), thus two drivers, each with a card in their wallet, would like to keep a spare at home for the "just in case something happens". Every car I've had before always had 2 keys and an "Emergency/valet" key.
Yeah the Pixel is particularly bad for being a phone key unfortunately. This is one instance where I am happy I am using an iPhone (there aren't many instances...)

I just did this. I know it was in the U.S. but here is my invoice with part numbers. They are only sold in pairs, like when you pick up the vehicle. I was told I had to have all the cards with me during the reprogramming. Took about 20 minutes total.
Screenshot_20180531-081525.png
Edit: I was not charged for the reprogramming, and they actually gave me the key cards for free as goodwill.

I just did this. I know it was in the U.S. but here is my invoice with part numbers. They are only sold in pairs, like when you pick up the vehicle. I was told I had to have all the cards with me during the reprogramming. Took about 20 minutes total.
View attachment 305174
Edit: I was not charged for the reprogramming, and they actually gave me the key cards for free as goodwill.

Which location did you get this?

Apparently, Bluetooth issues can be remedied by going into 'Battery Optimization' settings and turning it off for the Tesla App. As well, never force quitting the App so that its always running in the background makes it more reliable.

Apparently, Bluetooth issues can be remedied by going into 'Battery Optimization' settings and turning it off for the Tesla App. As well, never force quitting the App so that its always running in the background makes it more reliable.
Tried that. Doesn't help on the Pixel

It's definitely an issue on the Pixel's side. A shame, as the Pixel is such an amazing phone (other than the Bluetooth issues)

Anybody have recent experience with extra cards? The price keeps going up. Now $75...

I have confirmed with my advisors here at Oakville and they have informed me that the cards at $6 each (individually). There is also a labor charge for programming the cards which equals out to approx $75 +tax for the key cards.