Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EZPass not reading, getting hit with MAX TOLL per instance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On another EZ Pass thread, several people noted that placing the transponder in the back corner of the trunk package shelf it works just fine through the hatch window.
<derail> That's a package shelf? If you put a package there won't it just obscure your rear view mirror view even more? I always thought that piece was just to hide whatever you've got in the trunk. </derail>

After much discussion with E-ZPassNY, they are apparently going to link a new "plate-mounted transponder" to my existing account so that the discount will be applied... they are well-aware that the window-mounted E-ZPass units won't work with Model S windshields... no "green" plate-mounted transponder, just a software link. They requested that I send a copy of my registration (which I did via Email), and they will be sending me a new plate-mounted transponder with a bag/return envelope for the present unit.
Aggravating part of experience was explaining to 4 service reps that, yes, my Model S was NOT a hybrid, but since it was an EV it was listed on the page as one of the vehicles approved for participation in the program.
Now, about reviewing my travels for refunds dating to the registration of my car...