Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory OEM SiriusXM nearly working in Tesla 2022 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if anyone has used the OEM sat receiver antenna. I would think it would be designed to pass through the rear glass on the model X or S. I saw a YouTube video where someone put their antenna in the rear glass where it is blacked out, so you wouldn't even see it. I was planning on trying that when my receiver arrives.

i thought the oem antenna for the S and X was in the glass?

i thought the oem antenna for the S and X was in the glass?

I'm not entirely sure. I've had my model y for a grand total or a week, so I'm by no means an expert on what changed from year to year. It would at least appear on the older Model S it was separate. I found a couple on eBay that would confirm that, at least up until 2020.

2012-2016 TESLA MODEL S XM SATELLITE ANTENNA

2012-20 Tesla Model S Satellite Radio AM FM Amplifier Antenna Module

Those were the only 2 I found, so I don't know what they did from 21-23.

Reactions: crackers8199
I'm not entirely sure. I've had my model y for a grand total or a week, so I'm by no means an expert on what changed from year to year. It would at least appear on the older Model S it was separate. I found a couple on eBay that would confirm that, at least up until 2020.

2012-2016 TESLA MODEL S XM SATELLITE ANTENNA

2012-20 Tesla Model S Satellite Radio AM FM Amplifier Antenna Module

Those were the only 2 I found, so I don't know what they did from 21-23.
The antenna is/was between the B roof pillar and the glass. Not 100% on the plaid but I don't see why they would change it other than needing to remove the glass to get to it.

i'll be able to confirm whether or not they survive a reboot in 44.1 in a few minutes. i'm updating to that version right now.

it's pretty pathetic either way that this was broken for over a year and fixed for less than 5 months before they broke it again. how the hell do they not have automated tests for these things to make sure they don't break stuff?
I needed to remove and add all of my favorites back for the scroll wheel to function correctly on 2023.44.30.5.1. Same behavior as last time

I needed to remove and add all of my favorites back for the scroll wheel to function correctly on 2023.44.30.5.1. Same behavior as last time

is it surviving a reboot / deep sleep though? the reports here seem to indicate that while that will work to get the scroll wheel back, after you do a double wheel reboot or let the car sleep overnight the favorites disappear and you have to do it all over again.

The antenna is/was between the B roof pillar and the glass. Not 100% on the plaid but I don't see why they would change it other than needing to remove the glass to get to it.

this is interesting. i'm tempted to give this a shot if it's completely hidden, but i vaguely remember seeing posts about how awful reception was on the older model S...wondering if this had something to do with it. my reception has been pretty good with the OEM antenna on the rear quarter panel. to be fair, it was decent with the antenna just sitting inside on the rear deck too...but i have noticed a slight improvement at least with it outside.

is it surviving a reboot / deep sleep though? the reports here seem to indicate that while that will work to get the scroll wheel back, after you do a double wheel reboot or let the car sleep overnight the favorites disappear and you have to do it all over again.
Can confirm rebooting does not help. Seems like favorites are broken again. They do not disappear, just the scroll wheel cycles through station order instead of favorites. I am on 2023.44.30.5.1. At least Ryzen cars have this working now but my guess is it’ll be broken for at least 6 months

Can confirm rebooting does not help. Seems like favorites are broken again. They do not disappear, just the scroll wheel cycles through station order instead of favorites. I am on 2023.44.30.5.1. At least Ryzen cars have this working now but my guess is it’ll be broken for at least 6 months

ugh. definitely not updating until they fix this again. as you said, it'll probably be a while...

test
So frustrating that favorites are broken AGAIN. Tesla software is really embarrassing, how do they not have better QA for their code?

embarrassing is a good word for it. how do they not have automated tests for this stuff? i have worked for companies a lot smaller with stuff a lot less critical than what tesla is doing that didn't have these issues where we were constantly breaking stuff on new releases.

The 1143716-00-C receiver I ordered from eBay arrived today and I was surprised how quickly it was to install. I'm not sure how I feel about how easily the panels in the car come off. I come VW world, where it takes 20 T-20 screws to get off a single panel, so the snap off, snap on of Tesla is a bit odd to me.

I rebooted the car, and the SiriusXM app showed up right away. I called SiriusXM and told them that I had a new vehicle, but retrofitted the receiver, and asked them for the 3 month trial. They happily granted it and now I have SXM in my new Tesla.

it looks like there's a report here from @DerbyDave that favorites are working again on 2023.44.30.6. i'll be shocked if they actually fixed it that quickly, but hoping someone here can report back once they get that version...

unless you're still on 44.1 like me and staying there until we know it's fixed for sure. i wouldn't upgrade past 44.1 until we know favorites are fixed...none of the holiday update stuff really interests me if it's going to break this.

Installed a 1622932-00-B receiver into my 3/21 (Intel) build Model YP and the Sirius option came up after a couple reboots with the steering wheel buttons. Didn't use an antenna adapter like @WhiteOnWhiteMY in the above post by removing the fakra housing and everything was fine. Antenna was tucked underneath the hatch and window and no dropouts after driving ~60 miles.

Receiver showed a last use of 2020 on the subscription screen, Sirius had no problem giving 3 months free trial. Props to the guys that ventured early to make this happen, and allowing me to finally get away from the iPhone app.

View attachment 998746
Hello and happy new year. When you say the antenna was tucked under the window and hatch exactly where do you mean?