Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory OEM SiriusXM nearly working in Tesla 2022 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same as me, and I'm assuming you have tried putting the antenna on your trunk to eliminate the reception issue. All I can surmise is the B version might have some unknown incompatibility, or the plug is not fully connected due to the tight space between it and the housing bolt. I wish we had a better way of diagnosing these issues.

Same as me, and I'm assuming you have tried putting the antenna on your trunk to eliminate the reception issue. All I can surmise is the B version might have some unknown incompatibility, or the plug is not fully connected due to the tight space between it and the housing bolt. I wish we had a better way of diagnosing these issues.
OP has C version from MX. I have B version from Ms plaid

Yeah I tried 2 antennas both inside and outside. Drove in the interstate as well with no luck. I did 3 software reinstalls with no changes. I had the dual fakra unplugged and I was still able to pick up radio stations and they would play on the XM stations.

Of note, I wasn't able to get any audio, not even the xm preview channel despite my subscription page saying I was active. Sounds like same issue op is having.

It was getting late so I had to give up for the night but I will trouble shoot again tomorrow. My plan is to reinstall my old tuner and flip audio to streaming music and then change the tuners to see if that changes anything.

Reactions: ph0ton
@ph0ton did you remember what source you last had your stock tuner on? Also did you do any hard resets like disconnecting the 12v or unplugging main battery?

Random but I noticed my tuner's sticker is right side up.

Attachments

• PXL_20220724_032925915.jpg
    PXL_20220724_032925915.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 88
EDIT: I changed my mind. OP was 2022, you're 2022. Only two data points but we have evidence of a common mode of failure. The thing is, you have a Model S Plaid tuner, which also has a MCU v3, so why would it not work by virtue of an incompatibility with the chip?

Last edited:
EDIT: I changed my mind. OP was 2022, you're 2022. Only two data points but we have evidence of a common mode of failure. The thing is, you have a Model S Plaid tuner, which also has a MCU v3, so why would it not work by virtue of an incompatibility with the chip?
I actually did not have that "filter" plug attached (I'm assuming it's the black plug that attaches to the metal prong on the actually mount/tuner?)

And now that I think of it I don't think I even think I have that plug. I don't see it on OPs pics either.

Yeah I'm not to sure but could be 2022 or could be the B variant.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-002229.png
    Screenshot_20220724-002229.png
    861.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I actually did not have that "filter" plug attached (I'm assuming it's the black plug that attaches to the metal prong on the actually mount/tuner?)

And now that I think of it I don't think I even think I have that plug. I don't see it on OPs pics either.

Yeah I'm not to sure but could be 2022 or could be the B variant.
Yup. Well that would be interesting now, wouldn't it? If it's not grounded properly it spits out the FM signal? Let me try removing it on my car.

EDIT: Didn't make a difference at all when I unplugged it, either for FM or SiriusXM. I don't know if it matters for initialization though, or if somehow the MCU v3 is more sensitive to HF noise.

Last edited:
Just checked my 2022 doesn't have that "filter/ground" plug. I've been trouble shooting all morning with no changes. Still just getting FM signal when cycling through XM channels. The good thing is that the Plaid tuner works like stock tuner and my Siriusxm standalone works through fm direct line into it.

I may try to install the plaid tuner in my Intel based myLR and so that way I can eliminate the variable of it being amd vs Intel albeit it would be in a MY.

I do have update 2022.20.6 downloading, hopefully that triggers a fix