Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory OEM SiriusXM nearly working in Tesla 2022 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked my 2022 doesn't have that "filter/ground" plug. I've been trouble shooting all morning with no changes. Still just getting FM signal when cycling through XM channels. The good thing is that the Plaid tuner works like stock tuner and my Siriusxm standalone works through fm direct line into it.

I may try to install the plaid tuner in my Intel based myLR and so that way I can eliminate the variable of it being amd vs Intel albeit it would be in a MY.

I do have update 2022.20.6 downloading, hopefully that triggers a fix
I’d be in the same boat if it is an AMD vs Intel thing. ‘21 has an Atom and the ‘22 has the Ryzen.

Just installed in Intel MYLR and it works flawlessly even in bottom level of garage. MY stock tuner has dual fakra so no adapters needed.

Attachments

• PXL_20220724_144817454.jpg
    PXL_20220724_144817454.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 353
  • PXL_20220724_144656086.jpg
    PXL_20220724_144656086.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 99
  • PXL_20220724_144648294.jpg
    PXL_20220724_144648294.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: ArtK and ph0ton
Well guess I'll have to try the C variant tuner in the AMD 2022 M3.

Was able to install in the Intel MY, which is def easy than m3 since no adapters were needed.

1) Just removed 3 bolts to pull tuner out of liftgate (green circles)
2) replace MY tuner with XM tuner on the mount, no need to open the tuner itself as it lays directly on the mount (held in by 4 torx screws)
3) plug dual fakra, power, XM antenna and remount in liftgate (added picture of xm tuner on top of stock MY)
4) did a power on/off in MCU and it picked it up right away. Didn't need to go to service mode at all

I ran my XM antenna in trim and placed it near the top rear glass which is not visible from inside car but has full access of sky.

This reply should prob be in MY sub forum but thought I'd share my experiences here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-111346.png
    Screenshot_20220724-111346.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
  • PXL_20220724_145659902.jpg
    PXL_20220724_145659902.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20220724-111312.png
    Screenshot_20220724-111312.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
  • PXL_20220724_144817454.jpg
    PXL_20220724_144817454.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: ph0ton
I get busy with work and then you guys pick up and carry the torch to the finish line!

I'm VERY glad to hear that someone has at least one narrow use case of full success in a non X or S. I read through the posts but can't connect all the dots about what conditions are know successful and which are not. For tracking can I ask those that have done a tuner swap to list their car model and year, tuner part number and furthest point of success? I'll start:

M3 LR 2002 - 1143716-00-C (Model X tuner) - OEM SiriusXM app working, song title and artist text displayed, no audio from SiriusXM (just hear FM audio)

Looks like I'm out of luck. Would have been nice and convenient to have it in MCU. But Luckily my standalone set up is working good. I mean you have had the set up for 3-4 years.

the only thing i can think of is that his C tuner was damaged (remember it didn't have the fakra connector). it's *possible* that was the issue there rather than that there's something in the MCU preventing it from working. we wouldn't know for sure until someone tries a C tuner both in an intel and an AMD and see if it does the same thing. we know that the C tuner definitely works in an intel car, but i don't think we've seen anyone try the C tuner with the fakra connector attached in an AMD car, just the OP's tuner which was missing that connector.

M3 LR 2002 - 1143716-00-C (Model X tuner) - OEM SiriusXM app working, song title and artist text displayed, no audio from SiriusXM (just hear FM audio)

did you ever figure out if this could be your issue (the missing fakra connector)?

I get busy with work and then you guys pick up and carry the torch to the finish line!

I'm VERY glad to hear that someone has at least one narrow use case of full success in a non X or S. I read through the posts but can't connect all the dots about what conditions are know successful and which are not. For tracking can I ask those that have done a tuner swap to list their car model and year, tuner part number and furthest point of success? I'll start:

M3P 2022
1622932-00-B (Model S Plaid tuner)
SiriusXM displays and can navigate but no audio just FM audio

MYLR 2021
1622932-00-B
Everything working

i know we have a small sample size but it appears the 2022/AMD models aren't able to get XM with this model.

if you are on the fence and have an intel model then i would say do it. driving around with XM on the MCU is nice and it seems to be working great.

AMD from my understanding but I know Tesla has removed a lot of dif things to make 3/y cheaper ie data USB in middle console
Cheaper yet more expensive. I've been reading up on the missing data USB in the middle console and I know that there's a company who sells the module to fix this, but stated that any vehicles delivered after 6/15 won't have the connector for it, and ours was delivered last week so I will need to verify this. We are missing several games in the Arcade that show up in my '21, and they are the ones that require a controller.

Was really hoping to get SiriusXM working in our '22 as it will be sharing family road trip duties with our RAV4 every now and then, and we like listening to SiriusXM on our trips. I know I can do the FM Direct install, but I would prefer to see the station and song info on the main screen.

I know that there's a company who sells the module to fix this, but stated that any vehicles delivered after 6/15 won't have the connector for it, and ours was delivered last week so I will need to verify this.
Actually it is that the vehicles after 6/15, don't have the cable to connect to the new USB hub. But they have since made the cables and now include them. (I think they are close to publishing the install instructions/video.)

Reactions: ElectricNerd
i am still curious if a C model tuner that isn't missing the fakra connector for the satellite antenna would work with the AMD models. still thinking that might have been causing an issue (as if there were a strong enough antenna connection to feed the channel data to the tuner, but not the actual audio signal). i don't believe we've seen anyone attempt that, just OP (@PhilCaps attempted to use the B model plaid tuner with his AMD 3, so a slightly different configuration).

just spitballing.

i am still curious if a C model tuner that isn't missing the fakra connector for the satellite antenna would work with the AMD models. still thinking that might have been causing an issue (as if there were a strong enough antenna connection to feed the channel data to the tuner, but not the actual audio signal). i don't believe we've seen anyone attempt that, just OP (@PhilCaps attempted to use the B model plaid tuner with his AMD 3, so a slightly different configuration).

just spitballing.
The missing male fakra on OP's tuner isn't much of a big deal as the male piece comes off pretty easily from experience (and look at @ph0ton post earlier in thread)

The missing male fakra on OP's tuner isn't much of a big deal as the male piece comes off pretty easily from experience (and look at @ph0ton post earlier in thread)

agreed, but i haven't seen OP confirm whether or not he has tried attaching a fakra end and testing with the actual solid antenna connection made...but i'm wondering if it's possible that if he's just trying to connect without that there, like i said, that the antenna is making a strong enough connection to transmit the textual channel data but not the actual audio signal.